• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfall

I'd be happy to Steve.

This was shot at ISO 100 f32 1.5 sec shutter speed. I was lucky because I was shooting in the midday sun but the waterfall was in the shade so I was able to lower my shutter speed without using filter (which I didn't have). Normally I like to get my shutter speed below 1 second but not too slow because you can end up with a big white blob with no texture.

Textbook case of how to lengthen shutter speed to give water a cottony texture. Some also use a circular polarizer and/or neutral density filter to further darken things and slow the shutter.

Mike also did very well in this sun-dappled environment to get lots of shadow detail without blowing out the whites where the sun touches the water.