• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fort Ripley Trails

SnoManX

Has anyone riden the Fort Ripley trails? The group I ride with wants to go try them out but the map looks pretty boring. Almost looks like it's an old railbed with how straight it is. Any other suggestions around the Brainerd area? We've kinda wore out Spider Lake.

I was up there Sunday. The trails in the woods are currently closed, but there isn't many anyways. You can ride out of Little falls and go to Brainerd in the ditches. They can get pretty boring but it's the closest place to St. Cloud to ride. I'd suggest Redtop or Pine center.

Moose River just north of Outing is a great place to ride. I suggest picking up a local map from one of the businesses in Outing. There are a lot more trails on their maps. It is often wet and there are some large water holes on the trails. Pine Center is another area you might like. Keep checking the MNDNR HSOforum to see when these areas will open. It is updated every Thurs.

Originally Posted By: landscaper
anyone know of the one by Pine River....is it like spider trails or osomething??

Anyone know of any trails for UTVS(rhino)

thanks!

That is Spider Lake by Pine river. You have to look for class 2 trails for a Rhino. Check this HSOforum out http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/map.html

My dad has a Rhino. I used it this past weekend to haul some sand and to haul some props for a safety course. Had no problem pulling the trailer.

The only thing I hate about the Rhino is the cabin noise. I sure wish the Teryx was out before my dad bought the Rhino.

We rode the Ripley trails on Saturday...off the at 11:30 and back on the trailers by 1. It definitely was a quick ride. The Fort had good food though!