• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many species?

saskcarp

I just caught 3 different species of fish (walleye,Pike,Tullibee) from one hole and I saw a perch and a sucker too. I was just wondering what's the most species you have seen through one hole/small area in one day. I fished for only 3 hrs and yet this was the most species I've seen in one hole ever! smile.gif

Let's see this past weekend... One hole we had walleye, crappie, bluegill, and perch... 4 different species in one hole (not counting sub species black/white crappie, bluegill/sunfish, etc.).. We've had times where we got pike and bass along with the others as well, so maybe 6 different species...

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 12-15-2003).]

Walleye / Perch / Northern / White Crappie / Channel Cat / Black Crappie / Green Ear Sunfish / Pumkinseed Sunfish / Blue Gill / Largemouth Bass / Shiner and saw a Muskrat swim under the hole. This was all caught and seen in one hole.

In one day on my camera I seen 6 species move through. I was fishing on 5" of ice and on a weedline. There was fish of every kind around, it was cool. Now I only caught 4 species that day (sunnies, crappies, perch, pike). I also seen a few walleyes and 1 large mouth bass but failed to get them to bite. All-in-all it was a good day.

------------------
Fish ON!

A couple weeks ago:
Walleye
Crappie
Northern
Sunfish
Bass
Bullhead
Perch

That was some darn good fishing! All very nice sized fish too, except for the perch.

[This message has been edited by CD (edited 12-16-2003).]

Last March 20th, Lake of the Woods, 50 degrees, 4 feet of ice, 30+ feet of water near Arnesons reef:

Walleye...Limit of 1.5 to 4.5 pounds
Sauger...Limit of 12 - 14 inchers
Perch...a dozen jumbos to 13 inches
Tulibee...kept 5 or 6 for the smoker
Eelpout...one 10 pounder

It was the best ice fishing day of my life.

Polar Bear smile.gif