• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What should the Wild do in the offseason?

maros91

Last year they played the best team first. This year they hit a hot goalie and were short two defensemen for the playoffs.

The only players I would NOT trade would be Burn, Koivu and Schultz.

I'd like to see them keep Rolston over Demitra but it depends on the price.

They need a gritty guy who can score. A guy like Morrow or Hagman from Dallas would be nice. They have too many grinders on this team and not enough scorers.

I'd listen to trade offers for Gabby but they have to get some scoring in return.

It should be an interesting offseason.

I don't know what they'll do with Gabby. I think he'll still be here come next season, however the Minnesota trend could continue and we could lose another NAME player in Minnesota. It wouldn't bother me if a team in Minnesota actually got something in return for these stars we let go.

Gaborik could follow in the shoes of KG, Torii, Santana, or Moss. IMO we didn't receive anything descent in return for these players.

Personally I'm a fan of Rolston and I still think his slapshot is one of the most dangerous in the game. He's still going to put up numbers and he's a reliable TEAM player! The center is a weak spot and a team with one star makes it tough for that player to get free and take shots! The Av's knew this and took advantage. We need someone to compliment Gabby at Center. A few Defensemen would also be helpful.

Originally Posted By: mr_jman

Personally I'm a fan of Rolston and I still think his slapshot is one of the most dangerous in the game.

If he takes it at the right time it is. On the PP from the point and coming down the wing it is good. When he does the whirling derby and fires and misses the net by 5 feet and it rings around the boards and out of the zone it gets a little frustrating. Time to move on with Rolston.

I can't dissagree with that. When he sets up and takes a good shot its deadly and quite accurate. When he blindly shoots and blows 20 secs of a powerplay its annoying!!!!!

Gaborik is the same way except he misses the net with his slapshot about 90% of the time. Why lift the puck EVERY TIME! If he had some accuracy he would add 10 - 15 more goals a season I bet!

I wouldn't mind seeing Gabby go. He's got the explosive speed but what good does it do you when you have no moves to lay on a goalie. He is so predictable, it's 5 hole or blocker side. His shootout percentage is horrible. Like some of the other comments made, he becomes rattled easily when someone gets physical with him. He gets stood up at the blue line way to easily and during the course of the game you can tell when he is frustrated because he gets lazy and only looks for the break away or scoring chance. I do have to give him credit on the second half of last season he was back checking and played well in his own end. Better all around effort and was effective till the playoffs. I don't know...I think the Wild would be fine without him provided they find another scorer.

It would be tough to replace 41 goals and 42 assists. I think the wild should add some more supporting cast. They are in desperate need of another center. They really drop the ball last year at the trade deadline.

No doubt it would be alot to replace. Especially with this team and how negotiations with Rolston are going. Should seriously look at trade options and get something for Gabby. I am not sure he warrants the big pay he is seeking long term when you compare him to other stars in the league. Tough call. The Wild are thin at the minors too. Trade him and address a few area's at once.

What they should have done can't be done now-that was to jettison Lemaire and Risedork. They are proving their stupidity again this off-season by not (to this date) signing Rolston and don't get me started on other boneheaded deals and/or non-trades they have made. Gabby should be shown the door but they don't have the cajones to do that, but will watch Rolston (who is more of a leader than Gabby ever was) ride off into the sunset.

Rolston is a nice player but at age 35 and him seeking 5 million a year I would not bring him back. There are some decent players out there via free agency. We should have gotten Jokinen. The C we need.

Now that Rolston is gone I heard that the Wild may try to bring back Andrew Brunette and Brunette said it would be his dream to come back and play for the Wild. I say bring him in it can't hurt but they do need to sign some goal scorers

I am a big rolston fan! He was a great leader for the Wild, his only downfall is his age! I would like to see a player like Brunette come in, someone thats not affraid to get physical in front of the net and score goals!!

If the Wild were concerned about giving Rolston a big contract because of his age...35...why would they want to go after Brunette at 34? They have expressed interest in the past that they want to bring him back. I don't get it. Rolston has missed a hand full of games in his three years here and they question his durability now? Come on!! This looks scary for the up coming season. They are content with middle of the pack. The free agents this year are nothing to get excited about so who they going to bring in to make a big contribution? Dougie is now saying he regrets not locking up some of our younger players to the 7 year deals you are seeing out there because they actually save the club money...ie Burns and Schultz. I'm a die hard fan and stood behind a majority of the brasses decesions but now....I don't know!!! Frustrating.

Rolston is not gone yet. They just traded his rights to Tampa which means they are the only team that can negotiate a contract until July 1st. When July 1st comes anyone, including the Wild, can make a pitch for his services. I hope his signs with Tampa so we can get a draft pick for him.

I did forget about those 2, but for once it would be nice if they brought in a high profile player. Doesn't the Wild have lots of $ under the cap to be able to sign a player or 2?