• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warm vacation ideas

Bryce

Don't worry, I still have the fever. Just looking ahead to later on this winter when the wife is tired of me being gone fishing.( 40-50 overnights on the ice plus I made the mistake of ordering a new shack without first selling the old) Seemed like the best forum to post this on. Looking for Caribbean or Central America (not Mexico) or northern South America. Must have beach and snorkeling. Like to keep the flight under 6 hours. Been to Jamaica, St. Thomas, and Curacao. Will give more info on these if anyone requests. Looking to keep it in the range of $2500-3000 for airfare and room for 7 day/nights. Go ahead and fire away with good and bad trips. Don't think we'll be steeping on the toes of any of Rick's customers.

I know a few people who go to the Dominican Republic all the time and love it. Great food, drink, sun, fun, and a decent price. Something a little different so I thought I'd share. I've been to Hawaii and that's awesome. I usually blow my vacation time up north fishing so this about all I can say! Try talking the wife into a week-long ice-fishing trip at LOTW!! wink.gif

Coach Dog

Is this going to take place while there is still ice? Make deal with her, you can fish until ice out, and then go to the overly warm spot so she can work on her tan just before summer here.

------------------
Crappie:
It's the other white meat.

Dominican is out. All the resorts there are all inclusive. We've done the numbers at other resorts and we can't possibly eat and drink that much. Would like to hear more about Costa Rica. It is on our list along with Belize for future trips. No go on putting off the trip. I fished URL last year until a Tues. and was called back to work the next Mon.

Dominican is where we are going Feb. 17-24 of this year for our vacation...It will be all inclusive and really fun...We are staying at a golf and tennis resort which has all sorts of activities you can do. It looks like alot of fun but were missing some great ice!!!!Ohh well at least well be warm! Godd fishing to all!

Cozumel is definitely my favorite. Sure it's Mexico, but it has a different feel and better people than the mainland. After that, I'd vote for Grand Cayman or St. Thomas. Cayman is more expensive, but the snorkling makes it worth it.

Can I go too?

------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)