• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fire at Heinen's today

rockman

Just saw on the news that Heinen's in Osseo, had a huge fire today.Started in their yard, and spread to all of the equipment being stored outside.Burned up the adjacent business, plus the outside of their building really good. Looks like I won't be going there for any atv work anytime soon,if I would need it for my AC.What a shame having to see all of those sleds,atvs, and cycles get roasted like that.Sounded like they had a bike that exploded, after being wheeled outside from the shop.

Looks like the initial reports were accurate. Somebody working on a bike started a fire and the wind did the rest. 100 or so ATV's, bikes, etc. burned. A business next door was also destroyed.

Probably lucky they got rid of all those machines...;)

Nah, j/k

It is a dealership and they have insurance for that. Still too bad though. Isn't that place rather new or updated?

I believe they are....and the other is yamaha or vise versa. I haven't been down that way in a long time. There was one building with yamaha and polaris, then it split into two buildings.

Heinens used to be primarily a Polaris dealer. They converted to Arctic Cat line maybe 2-3 years ago(?).

I'd heard that Polaris was putting the screws to them to commit to too much inventory when sleds weren't moving over the past few years due to lack of snow. Another theory from a Polaris dealer in Fridley was that Heinens was undercutting everybody else on Polaris products...other dealers were getting fed up with them...and Polaris got nasty.

My experience with Heinens parts department has been less than spectacular anyway. I have a Polaris ATV and a AC sled. Nearly every time I've visited them for parts, their employees seem to

have a chip on their shoulders. Don't know if they just hate their jobs or hate customers, but something's always been a little weird there. It's too bad because they're only about 4 minutes from my house. I'll usually drive an extra 10 miles to Pro Sports in Ramsey/Anoka area for parts just to avoid dealing with Heinens.

I'm sure they're insured, but too bad for them anyway.

I feel that way about most dealerships I have been to. You are not alone.

It seems most of the people that work at places like this are there for the discounts. Just my opinion.

I got my 2002 Sportsman 400 from there. I thought it was a pretty good place. They used to be the worlds largest Polaris atv dealer, that is by number of machines sold. Now 3-4 years ago they lost selling Polaris. I think because they were undercutting the price so much and all the other Polaris dealers in the area got [PoorWordUsage] and complained to Polaris, and Polaris gave them the axe to selling their machine. Then they switched to selling Arctic Cat and Yamaha.

I think we Paid 5100 or 5200 for our 400 and everyone else was 5500 or 5600 with some dealers alot higher.

I am friends with and grew up with the Service Manger at Heinens and still see him every once and awhile. All I can say is he raced for Artic Cat for many years and has worked at Heinen's for many years grin.gif. Johnny K is an honest and great guy. We used to ride years ago, he was a major asset to have with for break downs. I have some awsome water skipping footage at his parents place on VHS. He makes handling a snowmobile look like handling a spoon (also dirt bikes).

As far as the latest I heard was the fire started out in Heinen's ATV/snowmobile, what ever creates and spread from their.

I will raze him the next time I see him about the rude parts dudes grin.gif. Most likey the rude guys have been their for years. I see him still at friends of mine get togethers.

Alright shackbash, email me and tell me who you know. I know a John K who works there also and went to school with him. If it's the same guy.....he can fix any motor and ride anything that has a motor like no other. \:D

I got home a week ago and saw the blaze just as it was starting, about 5 blocks from my house. Took Brooklyn Park FD like 10 minutes to get there. Melted everything pretty good. They were open the next day though. The wind really was the biggest problem. There are are still ATVs and bikes there. Pools of aluminum on the concrete from melted trailers and skeletons of mules, sea doos, and wheelers. The place next door is gutted too. You'd have to ask, but maybe you could get a discount because there were about 4 rows that were 5 or 6 deep with ATVs that have melted plastic on one side and that's it. Heinen's should be fine with insurance.

Is Brooklyn Park full-time? I think 7 minutes is pretty reasonable for a volunteer FD and 7 minutes feels like 10, so don't be so offended. I am also on a metro area FD and I wouldn't worry about perception on response time. We are never fast enough when things are actually burning.