• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

F250 rear axel oil

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Ford recommends synthetic differential oil. My previous '97 F150 required it. I would take a peek at the manual to get the specs for your truck, it will state exactly what you need.

Almost all full sized Fords 1997 and newer take 75W-140 must be synthetic in the rear diff. (Mustangs and Crown Vics up through 550s.) None use 75W-140 in the front diff. Yes, you need 2 different gear oils for the same truck! (Thanks Ford) Most use 75W-90 in the front. Not only is AMSOIL better than the Ford branded, but last I checked AMSOIL is actually lower cost. AMSOIL 75W-140 Suggested retail $14.65 per quart, Preferred Customer wholesale $11.45

Most F250s will need 4 quarts (around 3 1/2 to fill).