• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for the gals

Do you ever have any women only get togethers? Like women only atv rides or fishing trips? Not meaning to snub the men but sometimes I like to do things without the old grouch looking over my shoulder.

Here in Manitoba there's a women's fishing club called the Winnipeg Wigglers. They've been an organized club since the late 50s. Once a year about 40 of them rent a bus and come fish the Red River at Cats on The Red at Lockport (20 minutes north of Winnipeg). They have original members and many younger ones. They have a BLAST!!! Do it!

lambjm, not all of us old men are grouchy. i think ya all are afraid of gettin out done. hehehe. just kiddin OK! do what you gotta do. i just needed to rib the females a bit. if you do do a girls only have fun, show pictures.

I know that there are single guys on here, I thought maybe there might also be some unattached women who might speak up for an all gals event. I have known a lot of women in my life that would do more outdoorsy things if they had someone else to do them with. Could be an ATV ride, maybe a launch trip to Mille Lacs, or maybe just a day fishing somewhere. I have a Lund Rebel 1650, so I have room for an extra body or two. I think I am a genetically mutated female as I would rather do a shopping trip to Cabela's than to the Mall of America. My hubby says I am one strange female cause I would rather get a Vexilar for my birthday than a diamond ring. You would think after 37 years he would have me figured out. \:D

i see nothing strange about a female getting a vexilar for a birthday. my wife gets a lot of fishing stuff. now if i could keep her from dropping it down the hole. only thing is she doesnt hunt much, but fishing look out she loves it. now if i could only convince her she needs that ice saw.

I'd tag along with whatever! It'd be really neat to meet more women here on FM! I've never fished Mille Lacs so that sounds fun. I'll jump at the chance to share a boat with you Barb. I don't have an ATV personally so I'm not sure if you ladies would want to haul me around!! blush.gif

I know her yak is way decked out but I haven't seen her 4 wheeler yet. Mine is a 2 up popo but I am not sure if anyone would really want to ride with me, I am kinda accident prone. So far this winter tripped over the rope to the ice sled and jammed my knee up, then I took the 4 wheeler to another lake and proceeded to fall backwards off the trailer onto my elbow and hip (stinkin bad knee gave out as I was stepping down).

Originally Posted By: glenn57
lambjm, not all of us old men are grouchy. i think ya all are afraid of gettin out done. hehehe. just kiddin OK! do what you gotta do. i just needed to rib the females a bit. if you do do a girls only have fun, show pictures.

whistle.gifIsnt there a plan in January about this? grin.gif I LOVE to talk trash but when it comes down to it I am a very BASIC fisherperson, So I would have to really depend on the other ladies. blush.gif But I did tell my husband we had to make 2 trips up there.

Iambjm - It sounds like you have the same luck as me, Only with me its bikes. Doesnt matter if I am on back or alone there has been more times then not that we/I didnt lay it down. Funny thing tho I keep getting back on em grin.gif. Even got my foot smashed between 2 snowmobiles, cry.gif and my bottom bruised by an atv. blush.gif

Quote:
my bottom bruised by an atv
Well, I'm so glad you shared with us DeeDee. Owie! crazy.gifblush.gif\:D You crack me up girl!

The only thing that I have some issue with is when we're getting the snowmobile on the trailer and I'm stepping on the end to keep it down. I usually seem to slip and fall off or something really graceful! I bonked my cheek when we up on Red Lake on the propane tank last time when I slipped off. I'm just a dope. crazy.gif I blame the Ice Kings.

So far it doesn't seem to be many females posting here \:\( . Looks like there is only 3 of us up for any all female fun. Will keep trying, heck we have all year. I have always had a hankering to do a Mille Lacs launch trip, so we can keep that in mind. Also it is pretty centrally located for us. May end only 3 of us against the men next January, aaaack we are in trouble unless some of the guys wives join us.

I'm up for an all girls gathering. There is a group of us heading to Alex for a Spring camping/fishing outing. Lake Carlos State Park May 15-19. We fish sun up to sun down...and it's usually cold and windy. But the fishing is always outstanding. We fish, clean fish, sleep repeat.

I'm "easy"....but maybe not as easy as Glenn tells me Lisa is...would be up for most any gathering, as I find it empowering and tons of fun. I'm a coordinator kind of gal, so would help with details if anyone else is up for the challenge.