• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog Food ?

PPieKilla

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have used Science Diet for our dogs for quite a long time. I have always always had good luck with the food. Have had all of my dogs live long healthy happy lives with few health problems. I'm sure others have different opinions about it. I just figure I am going to go with what I know works. The only problem I have with it is the price has really gone up over the last couple years. I think at FF it is now almost $42 for 35 pounds. I use the Lamb and rice formula. I am very happy with it and have had good results for a long period of time. Plus my Vet has always recomended it.

Are you guys using the "Extreme Athlete" forumla? Thanks

I used a bag of Extreme Athlete and am now switiching over to Chicken & Rice since we're towards the end of duck season. Dog loves both and it seems like good food.

I switched over to the Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Lamb and Rice about 3 weeks ago, and am very pleased with it so far. The kennel mess has been reduced to normal and manageable proportions, and the pup is looking good with plenty of energy.

So far, so good. The pup had been fed Canidae by the breeder and then by me for the first couple of months, but the kennel mess problem was just out of hand.

I have been feeding Canidea as well, but when they changed the formula, my dogs stools got really loose, and I mean loose. So now I am switching to Diamond Naturals. I considered Native, but it appears the nearest dealer is 35 miles away versus, 15 miles for Diamond.

I feed my GSP Diamond Performance. Have had very good luck with it. Great quality product. It just jumped from $21 for 40lbs to $26 for 40lbs. Still not bad compared to the rest of the "advertised" brands.

Anybody out there use National Dog Food? I am switching from Canidae as well due to reasons already stated and I am debating over Diamond Natural Lamb and Rice, but a co-worker has used National for years and really likes it.