• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 NHL Playoffs! Round 1: Avalanche vs. Wild

mr_jman

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
There is still a game to be played tonight and eventually Theodore will show his true colors, and average goalie at best. I betting the farm wild win 3-1!!! GO WILD

I'm not saying he's a HOF goalie. Just like you said he is average at best. Any average goalie can stop the blue line shots all day long. The Wild have no offence, and have no clue how to work the puck inside for Quality Shot. Most of the shots they though at goal down low are such bad angle low percentage shots that Theodore could take a nap and still stop them. Sure on paper the forty shots on goal looks good, but the good high percentage shots are probably under 10 of those 40. Quality over quantity wins games.

CW

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been able to watch a whole lot due to late tip offs so maybe I've missed something. I keep hearing how the Wild have outplayed the Avs but everytime I've gotten to watch, they're getting schooled on basic hockey. Don't dump the puck to nobody chasing. Rolston maybe takes a bit off the cranker and actually aims it at something other than the goalie midsection or wide of the net. Get a screen in front of the net. Go Wild.

Conspiracy Theory: Does it seem like the Wild have a lot of French or French sounding names on the roster? Lemaire spreading the Hav's discrimination policy?

I am happy to be back in MN after seven years in Co. It was sure easy to become a Avs fan while we lived there. They really do have a talented team and thats just it; they play as a team. Too bad Forsberg had to rejoin the team. You can beat him down game after game and he'll keep coming back for more. We are Wild fans all the way and were looking for tonight to be a repeat of their second win back in CO a week ago.

all i have to say is go wings \:\)

i have to admit, I hate the Avs, which is why I'm rooting for the Wings to play them and kick their butt.

I do like the Wild though, it seems as though you can't NOT like a minnesota team!

Bye bye wild. maybe next year you will actually make a trade at the deadline and go for it. Let's see Colorado makes trades and advances. wild and vancouver do nothing and funny they are playing golf....

oh thats right they ran into a "hot" goalie

Guess it is over. Basic PeeWee defence. Put the bodies in front of the goal, and clear the puck. Every highschool team is running that basic defence. Let them take the low percentage shots from outside the circles. Foote shut down the Gabbie for one point in the series. Trade that POS for a true franchise player.

CW

I'm so happy to be done with the "bounces" [PoorWordUsage]. Like I said before bounces don't win series. The FSN anouncers and their bounces this, and bounces that. It's funny because none of them former Wild players that are saying all the bounces [PoorWordUsage] have held the CUP.

CW

You got to admit though not having Foster,Shultz,Parrish, And Radio really hurts those were main guys in the lineup and you can't just replace them with Nummelin,Ritz,Hill, more of a terrible Skoula. You got to give the Avs credit thought with all the blocks shots and great goal tending they are going to be a tough team to get by when they capitalize on every chance they get. Just a real frustrating end to a great beginning of the series. That makes the Wild the last two years running into the hottest goal tenders we'll have to make some better moves at the deadline next year.

Let's see at the trade deadline the Wild pick up Simon, did he play this series? The Avs get Forsberg, Foote, and Salei. The Avs got rid of Simon 12 years ago after they won there 1st Cup. They also dumped Skoula several years ago because of what he can't do. Also most NHL Teams have 1 goon, the Wild have 3, what up with that, it's like wiping before you [PoorWordUsage], it don't make sense.

As far as the Deadwings have they made it out of the 1st round yet?

These first round exits are getting old. Oh well, there's always next year. The offseason will be interesting with so many contracts up. We'll see if the new owner will pony up any more money to improve the team.

having the defensive guys out I think really hurt them this series, well also the Ave's having more talent on their team. Hopefuly they can sign some players in the off season and get back to the playoff's next year.

Team now to root for now- Lets go Dallas.

FH- Make better moves? How about ANY moves? I don't consider trading for Simon as making a trade at all. Risebrough is an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly. Why do you think when the deadline passed, and nothing was done by DR, that we went in the tank? The guys figured DR was doing squat to get us a player or two to get over the hump, why should we give a [PoorWordUsage]? We had/have 3 goons for the SCP for one reason only, IMO: So if we faced Vancouver, or more likely the Flamers, we would not have our skilled guys get destroyed every time they went near the puck, which happened all year against us, until Boogie came back and we got Fridge: which is the only thing Risebrough has done right, as far as bringing someone in here who can make a difference. Oh, wait, Belanger sure was a steal, wasn't he? Or Parrish? Or Hill?...