• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

rigged kayak

Nice setup Tami. Where did you mount the transducer for the fish finder ?

Also, I just googled up Crow Wing Kayaks and it looks like

they went out of business. The site is gone and many of the other

sites linking back to them are dead ends. Sad sign of the times I guess. I was interested in getting one for my son.

the transducer is right under my seat in the hule. I couldn't get the transducer itself to be glued. So what I did was take a 3 inch piece of closed foam, cut a spot for the ducer, glued the foam to the bottom of the huld ( inside) and put the ducer in the cut out hole flat against the bottom of the hule. Works great.

The power cord goes from the screen into the hule, to the transducer, then continues to the back of the boat, up thru a hole, them into a watertight tupperware container where the battery is. All holes are plugged with marine glue

Very nice setup! ALthough I have to say I'm not the least bit surprised after the way I saw your ATV was rigged up for ice fishing ;\)

I figure I will be dropping a my canoe in the neighborhood lake by weeks end.

Welcome to FM Doug! I'm pleased to hear that Crow Wing Kayaks are still in business.

But it is nice to have someone on board that has knowledge about the Crow Wing Kayak line, I'm sure any info you provide would be helpful to the many members of FM.

Once again, welcome to the site 2008spinny.

Nice rig!! That thing is decked pretty dang nice. I never really figured a person could hang all that stuff on a Kayak and still keep it up right \:o

I am guessing that sitting so low in there it is still it is a bit more stable than a canoe? I have thought about getting a Kayak for fishing some of the smaller lakes we go to. I have a float tube, but there is no way I could even begin to deck it out like that.

I have a Crow Wing Kayak I purchased in 2007. I have fished the

Mississippi several times with it, I have three rod holders, anchor, carry a small cooler and tackle box. River fishing is strange, never know what your going to pull up. Last year a huge snapping turtle took my tube bait and was very upset when I got him up. In a Kayak you are right there with whatever your catching.