• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
grab da net

new crappie fishing idea

Well I've been sitting here at my desk thinking about crappie fishing and I just had a hot flash idea for a new fish attractor. Maybe you guys have heard of something like this. I'm gonna give it a try.
Here's the idea: Take a glow in the dark golf ball, and screw two small little eye screws 180 degrees apart (in line) and tie it to your line and then add a 20" or so dropper with a angel eye jr. or glodevil or maybe a plain hook and minnow. add the glow stick inside the golf ball and start fishing.

Do you guys think this would work? or would you have too much glow? I've gotta think those ol crapins would just have to come investigate a big ol glowing golf ball lighting up their world.

You guys have my permission to try this out, but I've got to warn you if it works like I think it might I'll be applying for a new use patent pretty darn quick.

Well it sounds very creative but we already have a thread going about lures catching fishermen istead of fish. You may become rich. wink.gif

I've allready got enough money to choke a horse, I just want to get the credit for being a brilliant lure designer. (ha-ha)

No, seriously, I guess it,s illegal to stuff weighted christmas trees down the hole, so I've been trying to think of of ways of getting winter suspended crappies to come to sit under my fish house instead of somebody else,s.

One of my buddies told me that every time he'd go out to his fish house, He'd bring a few large rocks and drop them down the hole to create structure for baitfish. Seems like a bit of work, but he tells me it was worth it at times.

I think its an interesting idea. We know lights attract baitfish in summer(thats why its illegal right?) so I dont see why this glow wouldnt also attract both baitfish and crappie. Where do you buy glowing golf balls? I'd be willing to be the test subject.

Go to your local golf store and ask if they have any. Or if you live near a walmart or a scheels all sports store im sure they will have some. Since I golf I got a couple of these babys and just might have to try it out!
Thats a million dollar idea. grin.gif

------------------
Fish ON!

Heck, don't ask us. Go try it and tell us if it works. grin.gif Nobody REALLY knows what the next wonder lure will be. If we did, we'd have invented it already.

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

I'm not sure you would feel the fish hit with the weight of the golf ball. Attaching a light stick to the line above any bait has worked well.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I still say "Don't Drink on the ice!"

------------------
Don't worry you'll get the next one.

Glow sticks can attach right to the line. Being small and light, they have the advantage of feel. The glow in the dark golf balls are pretty close in weight to the real thing, which is pretty heavy... Now if you were to use a clear plastic ball, similar to the ones in gumball machines. Add enough fluid to create nuetral buoyancy. Add a glow stick and some of that sparkly stuff you find in "shake up" Christmas desk ornaments. Jig that thing in the middle of the night in the deep dark water. Sparkling and shimmering like a school of baitfish! Maybe even throw a couple of crappie minnows in it! Now we're talking!! grin.gif ....There's a mention of Christmas trees to create structure. On a lake like Red which has NO structure, any structure would be good. I got a few plans which may be tryed this year. Instant retractable artificial brush piles. With a perfume of fish scent added on. If they work, I'll call them Insta-brush, or Crappie Magnets. I guess my imagination runs wild at times. smile.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I wonder how that glowing ball would show up on the vex. screen. You'd have to use a little stiffer rod, and definetly suffer some sensitivity feeling bites. I think I'd like to rig up a rod to try when you get those slow spells.

On bright days with fairly transparent ice, try sprinkling some glitter around the hole and every once in a while flick some of it in the drink.Fire opal works great.

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

Glow is a big deal in dark water, and a great attractor. Tieing a 4" dropper with a single hook under a glow Sweedish Pimple has been a great way to attract perch... for years!
Most lakes have the bite just "stop" when it gets dark-thirty on moonless nights on lakes with dark/stained water.
Glow pays in these conditions. I have caught perch after perch, on glow-in-the-dark Willospoons... when nothing else would work. They had to have the glow!
I have see this several times in the past years.
I'll use glow even on overcast days.
On my www.catch-n.com site, I sell a glow Willospoon kit with panfish and walleye sized spoons in the kit. It is the only mixed size Glow Willospoon kit in existance.
Glow Willospoons are like hen's teeth to find... if you can find them at all!
See http://catchn.com/spoons.html
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family