• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #5: Longbeard Assassins (6 for 6!)

Tippman

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Tippman my brother (who you work with) says you cant hit the broad side of a barn. He said you will be lucky in you can even pull your bow back!

K Gross

Gotta love the bashing!

Scott - Sorry to hear you didn't tag a bird man - if it makes you feel any better I've got 4 un-punched turkey tags this spring. We'll see how MN archery goes... Hard to top the nice one you bagged last year anyhow!

Tipp - If you need some company - I'd have no problem in runnin out with a T2 and filming for ya... could probably help exterminate those 12 pesky longbeards too grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KG243
Tippman my brother (who you work with) says you cant hit the broad side of a barn. He said you will be lucky in you can even pull your bow back!

K Gross

Funny I heard the same thing about you and goose hunting grin.gif

PLG had a good laugh when I showed him that!

Sticknstring I might take you up on that offer depending on how things work out the closer it gets. I have a couple buddies who wouldn't mind filming either, not sure if they're gonna be able to get out on the days I'll be hunting yet. And yes there could even be a bird left for you, again we'll see. I checked the trail cam today and it got knocked out of position somehow right after I set it last so I got nothing for recent evidence.

Originally Posted By: Tippman

K Gross

Funny I heard the same thing about you and goose hunting grin.gif

PLG had a good laugh when I showed him that!

I am working diligently on getting a video posted from last year where I didn't get the bird though blush.gif

I try to do my share of "giving back" with some steel back to were it came from! Usually the reason i dont get the birds is because PLG is shooting at them 70 yards out! mad.gif so I dont even get a shot.

Sacrifice fishing time? Fishing doesn't even exist! Just like Lombardi made his Packers abstain from relations before game night, you must purge fishing from your vocabulary altogether. Fishing is the enemy of turkey season.

grin.gif

Ah, in all seriousness though. Go out and have fun. Whenever I put too much pressure on myself (or let others do it for me), the hunt gets bungled.

Joel

Took the 'ol trusty Lund out last night... ahh good to be back on the water! The gils and crappies weren't cooperating but had some accidental fun with the northerns nonetheless. Water's a tad on the chilly side...

Hard to intertwine fishing and turkey hunting but it can be done! Especially when you have to go 3+ weeks inbetween hunts.

I agree with this lull not being any fun, though our team still has twice as many views as most others smirk

Just finishing a long string of 12 hr shifts tomorrow so Wednesday heading up to Brainerd for a couple days of fishing, then back to St. Cloud for my opening Friday. Really haven't had any time to scout lately though which bothers me. I think Friday might be that scouting day, we'll see how it goes. Haven't heard from a friend if he's gonna be in on it or not with the video, still interested if he's not?

The dilemma I have is what to do this weekend. I wanted to go up to Park Rapids for an annual fishing trip. Think its gonna be a last minute decision.

Well guys I think that I'll stick around this weekend and try to bag us that bird. I wouldn't mind the calls either grin, or the bragging rights.

It'll be the first time I've hunted late season before. Should be interesting to see how the birds act differently. If they're still using the same area hopefully everything will come through for us.

Paintbrush where's that bird of yours?

Well we had to come back early and cut the hunt short. Had some things come up here at home?We ended up with a bird a piece. We had chances to fill both tags we still might head back tomorrow or Sunday for the last day. My bird will just fall short of my first. Your score is 18.125 + 3.75 + 6.875 + 25.75 = 54.5.Bird was 18.2 Lbs and 10.5 and 2.375 beards. One spur 11/16 and the other 3/4.My buddy had birds that where responding. Mine just gave me enough time to shoot. Dropped right out of roost and on hill side in front of me I was going to get greedy and try and take two but he gave me a wide open shot so I dropped him there no flopping. After that I really didn't have any other chances.Good luck Tip.

We did it guys! 6 for 6. Joel how did you know?

Took my first bow bird this morning, it wasn't easy.

19lb 4oz.

10.5"

7/8"

1"

I'll post pics and story later. Gotta sleep and work.