• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Livewell pump replacement

I've done two of them on two different pro-v's From what I recall it was nothing to difficult, seemed like there was two wires for electrical, and the pump itself had a plastic nut on the outside of the transom and a simple hose clamp for the line inside, then just pulled the old pump out, snipped and marked the wires, installed the new pump with the water flow as instructed, retightened the nut and reattached the inside line and clamp, reattached wires as they were before, I may have put some silicone or sealant around the nut after I tightened it just to be on the safe side, the only thing I remember being a problem was trying to access the pump under everything. I am by no means an expert, lol so If i can do it I know that almost anyone else can.

Yea we got had to replace all three if ours last year. Usually its just the motor so its a quick pull of the wires apart and a twist of the motor put in the new one and your good to go.

First, if you have a 12 volt test light or circuit tester, verify that it is in fact the pump. If it is the pump then Bigeye pretty much explained it. Clean up the old silicone and be sure to apply new silicone around the nut. I usually put some on the flange on the inside as well as between the nut on the outside and transom.

Originally Posted By: Sandmannd
Not sure how to do that Wish, haven't done one yet. But it sounds like you have the same boat as me. Is your's tiller or console? I have the console one with a 75 merc.

Mines a console with a 50 Yamaha. Wish I had a 75 hp because it's a little under powered. It is a 2002 Alumacraft Navigator 165 CS. It is the same boat as the newer Classic 165 CS.

If the motor is mounted thru-hull (and not just the remote pickup) be sure to put some sealant on both mounting flanges prior to tightening the nut to assure a good seal.

Also, don't overtighten the nut - it's a plastic part and if you overtighten it you'll snap the threads off and have to start all over again.

Good luck!

marine_man

Originally Posted By: marine_man

Also, don't overtighten the nut - it's a plastic part and if you overtighten it you'll snap the threads off and have to start all over again.

Very good point.

One more thing I forgot to mention, is when ever space permits solder the connections and use heat shrink. Very damp conditions down there. Its possible that the problem you have is corrosion related.