• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ooh those Great Blues are here again

Hello everyone,

I am new here to FMN. I've been enjoying the site a little while now and thought I would share some pics with you all. My name is James Riss, I live in Hutchinson, MN. Right by Mike Meyer who also is a member here. DSC_0778CNX.jpgDSC_0777CNX.jpg

Originally Posted By: dukhnt
I just moved to Hutchinson and was watching those herons come by one right after the other on Friday.

Ohmigosh, that makes 3 talented Nikon shooters in the same town. This is almost scary. crazy.gif At least you 3 should always have someone to go shooting with.

Yep, great to have more Nikon folks in here for sure. Plenty of ways to capture great images that don't involve the thunder of a Canon. grin.gifgrin.gif

Pretty sure that's five Nikon DSLR folks posting in here now. Good company for buzzsaw, too. grin.gif

I figured that since it's the Blue Heron post, I hope you don't mind me posting what I took 2 days ago. I took these on my lunch break along with the Mergansers ducks I took. On the way there, there's a tree there that's always a "Heron's Tree" there for years. It's like 8 nest there on one tree. I figured that I'd try take a couple of shots of them.

Hope you don't mind me posting additional pics of the heron birds. eek.gif

blueheronnest.jpg

This was taken with 100-400mm

blueheronnest2.jpg

This was taken with the 2x converter on 100-400mm, 800 focal length.