• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ITP Tires

huntmup

Mudlite XTR's. How are they on the trails, in the mud holes and how do they wear?

The tracks will come off soon and I'm thinking about going with the XTR's on the ITP-SS112 wheels.

Thanks for the input.

Dan

I don't have any experience with the XTR's, but with the regular mudlites. I have read alot on the XTR's though. So you will get my opinions.

For trail, it is said they are very good on the trail. They are a radial so they will be, but they are on the heavy side as far as weight.

For mud, there are many other tires that will do what the XTR's do on the trail, but are better in the mud. MST's, mudbugs, zillas, gators, etc.....

As far as wear, they will probably wear very well ,being they are radials.

I think they are good, but not great tires. There are others that can do things better, IMO. Dealers are really pushing ITP lately, and I'm not a big fan of what the dealers sell, because they have no idea what they are selling and often charge way too much.

This is only my opinion. Others say they are great tires, but I beg to differ.

Being you have a Polaris, I don't see an advantage in them over what came stock on it. The 26" PXT's are pretty good in everything, but the XTR's will probably last longer.

All in all, I don't see a big upgrade for you. It probably will add more weight and the same traction you have. If you want to upgrade from the stock Polaris tires, you will have to be more specific on what you want. They do everything well, but other tires that do better are more trail or mud oriented for their use.

I would agree with roofer that the XTRs probly are not all that much better than the stock PXTs. They might be a little better since they are radials but not enough to justify spending money on new tires.

Roofer, thanks for your opinion. What I'm looking for is the radial tire that will work best in all conditions, from hard trails, to mud holes and the deeper snow on those winter runs.

Had 5 miles on the 26" PTX's and got $700.00 for them. I can have the XTR's/SS112 kit in 14/27's on my door step for $888.00.

I am open to suggestions, the order has not been placed yet.

Thanks

Dan

Originally Posted By: Roofer

You got what for the stock wheels and tires!!!!????? sheeeeesh Good for you.

That's exactly what I thought. Now if only I could get that for my stock Rincon wheels/tires grin.gif

Originally Posted By: huntmup
Roofer, thanks for your opinion. What I'm looking for is the radial tire that will work best in all conditions, from hard trails, to mud holes and the deeper snow on those winter runs.

Had 5 miles on the 26" PTX's and got $700.00 for them. I can have the XTR's/SS112 kit in 14/27's on my door step for $888.00.

Thanks

Dan

WOW $700 for the stock tires/wheels, I practically gave mine away then as I sold them for $350 with the steel wheels.

I have heard some negative on the XTR's about wear and sidewall punctures. That price for rims and tires seems really HIGH. I have found any 14" ITP SS wheel with 27" XTR for $735 shipped.

Also you have an e-mail from me.

What stock tires?? grin.gif. That's what I thought. grin.gifgrin.gif

Fishy, how do you like your Bighorns? and did you solve your fender problem?

Thanks for the heads up on the sidewalls and the price.

I think they were the Crusher Rims.

Dan

So far I love the Bighorns, they look tough, handle well, and have gotten great reviews.

Fender problem was taken care of when I adjusted the suspension, it was on the softest setting so we cranked them wide open and it still rides great. I only have 26"s on mine. I am going to replace the springs all the way around my machine in the future as I want to get some EPI's all the way around, I have had great things and my buddy DMGMN on The nation put them on his tracked 700 and he said it was the single biggest improvement he has done to his machine.

Ok help me out here, what are EPI's?

They make various accesories for ATV's and other utility vehicles. I am looking at replacing all of the suspension spings to heavier duty ones than what the stock polaris ones offer.

check out erlandsonperformance. They are based out of Baxter, Mn

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy

Thanks

Dan

WOW $700 for the stock tires/wheels, I practically gave mine away then as I sold them for $350 with the steel wheels.

I have heard some negative on the XTR's about wear and sidewall punctures. That price for rims and tires seems really HIGH. I have found any 14" ITP SS wheel with 27" XTR for $735 shipped.

Sorry Fishy I did not receive your e-mail. Please try again.

Thanks

Dan

Found it

Thanks

Dan

Thought of this post when I noticed ITP has new Terracross 'XD' tires out now. I think they are 6 ply now. Not quite sure, but I think that's what it is. Those on some SS wheels would look very nice.

I'd like to see them side by side with the bighorns. Would be interesting.

Roofer,

You are correct, the Terracross XD is a 6 ply and they also added a little more bite to them.

They would look good on a set of SS's.

As far as going up against the Bighorns, \:\/ that's not me but one never knows. grin.gif

Dan

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy

Thanks

Dan

Sorry Fishy I did not receive your e-mail. Please try again.

Thanks

Dan

Found it

Thanks

Dan

I know you can get terra cross's with ss112's 14" but terras only in 26" and mounted 750.00 and they are in Mn up in Ham Lake

Also have you seen the new ss212??? even better I wish I'd a waited

Originally Posted By: jltimm
It almost looks like you ride that Can Am, not quite as show room clean as the popo? \:D

To funny!! \:D But you're right it did just come off the showroom floor grin.gif. I will fix that Friday grin.gif.