• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spring Fling - GTG

Originally Posted By: Duffman
Tami...

Have a good time down there, and be safe, the water's still a tad chilly.

I'm still working on getting permission to buy a solo canoe, and when I do I'll be in on the next GTG.

Thought about joining Quetico, but I pinched a nerve in my upper back this week. It's not ready for paddlin yet. I tested it out by doing some mock paddlin with a paddle in the family room last night while watching the Wild, then the Mrs came down. She looked at me, shook her head, and went back up stairs. \:\)

Good luck fishing and post a little report on how things went.

LOL \:D - those looks say athousand words. LOL

don't push it Duffman, the whole summer is ahead !!! grin.gif

I'll let ya know how things go.

I still plan on being there.

I better pass on the canoe. The last time I paddled a Penobscot I flipped it lake trout fishing opening weekend in the BWCA. Brrr!!! Sorry. I don't mean to throw a wrench in any one's plan, but I'd really like to stick with my kayak. When you see me you'll probably see I exceed the weight limit for one end of the canoe, especially when there's no duluth packs + gear to counterbalance me. Hopefully someone else will sign up.

Reelmin - I'll shoot you en email.

I'll catch up with you guys another time.

When it comes to rolling Penobscot's some people can really roll them easily. I've had to try hard to roll mine. But some friends of mine could keep a rental up right. I've put mine thru some crazy weather and completely unsafe conditions without rolling it. The only time actually rolled was when we put two adults standing gunwales rocking it.

Here's some boring pics. Boring because there's no fish invoved. It was a great day though. Beautiful weather, fun to get back on the open water, and got to meet Reelemin and Cyberfish. They both know what there doing when it comes to kayak fishing. Thanks Reelemin for putting together this GTG. You saved me from a day of spring cleaning.

100_1227.jpg

Reelemin and her decked out 'yak.

100_1228.jpg

Cyberfish in action.

Some pics of The Spring Fling -

not much actually catching fish, but a GREAT day to be on the water!!! I'll be out again soon!! grin.gif

It was really nice meeting Huey and Cyberfish, it was a great day guys. \:\)

021.jpg

019.jpg