• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rifle range at least 200 yard, prefer 400?

Yes, I do know about the gun range list in the DNR page, however there is almost no information for the type of facilites available at each, so I thought I ask here first before making all the phone calls. I really would like to find a range I can shoot at up to 200 yards. Bonus to somewhere I can shoot farther.

I'm hoping to not have to drive farther than 1-2 hours outside the metro area. I am close to one club but it seems pretty hard to get a membership. I will join a club but would rather pay for each use.

I've got several new setups to test out from ML to rifle and I'm anxious to get the opportunity! I got a new .270 barrel for my Pro Hunter and I'd love to test out the ballistics B&C reticle in my new Leupold scope as well. I doubt I would ever shoot beyond 200 yards in a hunting situation but I want to see if the technology works.

Certainly feel free to email...

Thanks!

Caribou Gun Club is outside of Le Suere, has burns at 25,50,100,150, 200, and 325....I would call them first to see if you can get out and use the range. I called friday and they said saturday morning was out since they had a huge number of people coming down to hunt released birds. We, went to Ahlmans instead, and they have very limited space for shooting, a burm at 200 yds, but I am not sure if I will head back there again.

I called them ( Caribou club) this weekend and they said $20 per person, $5 if you are a member. They also said it is a little tough to get in there and you should call in advance to make sure they don't have any pheasant shoots going on ( the fields are behind the rnage). They also said things calm down after mid april and you are more likely to get in.

$20???? holy schniiikeees, they used to 10 bucks........

I know there is a gun range near Montgomery, but not sure of the name or hours..........Caribou is nice from the stand point there area number of shooting stations...

Do a goog on forest lake sportsmens club to find their HSOforum. They are a private club and a a long waiting list to become a member. The are open to the public during their annual sight in days. Check their site for detais. Yes they have 25 - 400 yd lanes. Its a great range.

I live 2 miles due north of Caribou and also have a membership through my employer.

They put up a new lodge 8-9 years ago and it has been a great asset for weddings, banquets, or general group gatherings.

There's also a skeet range and sporting clays. It's non-stop shooting basically in my back yard in the fall of the year.

I wasn't aware that the non-member fee for the range is now $20. That is too steep for a rifle range IMO.