• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Julius Peppers to Vikings?

saloonsoftball76

If Carolina becomes convinced it can't re-sign Julius Peppers, who becomes an unrestricted free agent next year and wants a boatload of money, and if the Vikings are willing to part with their first-round (No. 17) draft pick next month plus at least $20 million in guaranteed money, Minnesota might be able to trade for the star defensive end. -- Pioneer Press

This would rock......Superbowl Homeboy

That's funny because I signed him as a free agent in Madden 06, simulated the season and the Vikings won the Super Bowl (This was like year 3 of running my franchise mode).

I'd like to see him but I'd like to get one of the good OT's in the draft. He'll get a nice deal somewhere.

i would give up the 1st round pick in a heartbeat...if we could sign him for a few yrs....i wouldn't want to give up the 1st round pick and lose him next season though...we'd have a chance at a superbowl adding peppers i know that much.

they'll let him go because if they can't get a new deal done with him they lose him next yr anyway....so they can get a 1st round pick and not have to pay peppers his big money and rebuild from there....plus if we got the money and are willing to give up a pick he might rather play for us...i'd say right now we got a better shot at getting farther then the panthers...especially if we get peppers.

I think we do have one with the last name Jackson. Unless my eyes are fooling me, I think he might even be our starter! I don't see any other QB that is out there right now thats available that can really step up and help us out anyway. Like has been said about 100 times now, lets see what he can do this year. We have a few WR's that just might help him out with numbers. And a running game that we all know can get the job done. I am liking the Peppers thought more and more now. I also think they are going to let him go and I think we have the push to get him in here. Peppers,Williams,Williams....Wow thats a defensive line to be VERY afraid of!!

Originally Posted By: walleyeking19
 Originally Posted By: Born2Fish
I don't see any other QB that is out there right now thats available that can really step up and help us out anyway.

Brett Favre!! grin.gif

I think I would become a Bears fan then!

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
do you guys really think we are going to get him?

we can dream...we can dream

i don't think it will happen just because that would be way to cool...it's one of those things that is just to cool to happen....we'd own people.

McKinnie Trade?

If the Vikings are serious about moving Bryant McKinnie , they probably would have several suitors. Although he could face a suspension because of this incident � NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has the authority to punish players, even without guilty pleas � McKinnie plays a high-demand position, he's 28, he's extremely durable (87 consecutive starts), and he's relatively cheap (his base salary is less than $5 million through 2011). In fact, there has been speculation that the Vikings have discussed a trade with the Carolina Panthers. Among the players rumored to be discussed: defensive end Julius Peppers and offensive tackle Jordan Gross. -- Pioneer Press