• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Here's a stupid question.......

awww don't feel dumb. musky mayhem has a confuseing nameing system. here's the scoop. the showgirl has one #8 indiana blade,and a 4/0 treble. it also uses only a long string of beads in place of a lure body. the double showgirl originally had a 5/0 or 6/0 treble (never did figure that out... yet) and two #6 magnum willow leaf blades. the flashabou on both have a different style of tying than cowgirls. more fluffy, backwards on top long on back. it's been redesigned with a 7/0 hook and two #8 colorado blades, supposed to be more lively. a cowgirl has two #10 colorado's and two 7/0 hooks, a lure body and beads, and is much longer. long and short versions. 13 or 11 inch styles give or take a few centemeters. long one is done now i hear. went looking for a showgirl to copy and could'nt find even one, fortunatly i know a few people and was allowed to hold all three styles and study them. said thanks and built a bunch for me. i used both .051 and .061 wire. anyway please don't feel dumb. whistle.gif

A dumb question is a question unasked... so dont worry about it.. anyways.. here we go

Dbl Cowgirls- 10 inches long, 2 7/0 hooks, 2 #10 Colorado blades, Flashabou

Dbl Showgirls- 8 inches long, 1 7/0 hook, 2 #8 Colorado blades, Flashabou

Showgirls- 8 inches long, 1 4/0 hook, 1 #8 Indiana blade, Flashabou

Super Cowgirls- 13 inches long, 2 7/0 hooks, 2 #13 Colorado blades, Flashabou

Junior Cowgirls- 10 inches long, 2 7/0 hooks, 2 #8 Colorado blades, Flashabou

SuperGirls- 10 inches long, 2 7/0 hooks, 2 #10 Colorado blades, Marabou

SiliGirls- 10 inches long, 2 7/0 hooks, 2 #10 Colorado blades, Silicone

Also those Showgirls has less tendency of blowing out your reels like Cowgirls does... less strain on the gears n bearings which is why many are switching over to bigger reels for the Cowgirls... Also Showgirls causes less strain on your elbows n shoulders reeling them in compared to Cowgirls... Hope this helps...

Luke... I wasnt there til after 4pm... I did look around for you but no luck... probably missed you by then... I was there with my brother, Loren, and his girlfriend...

The deal with the boat??? The title/ownership has been transferred over to my name... Just need to go up to Bethel Marine and pick it up once the snow melts then its to work I go on it... making sure everything's in ship-shape including the motor and the trolling motor... I probably will have to install night lights for night fishing along with LED lights on the trailer... Will definitely replace the carpet... not sure about the floor itself... As far as I know... its a 1988 Bass Tracker 1800 TF... an 18fter with 150 HP Mercury... Lot work to do but Im glad I have til June 7th to get it all done... Sooner the snow melts... sooner I'll have the boat here and sooner I'll start prepping it for the season...

saw on another thread you got a boat just wondering what ya got. Are ya putting a new deck in? As far as light do you remeber that one I got pretty slick and not to bad on the dollars. Congrats on the boat you will have to take me out 2 this french lake you are always talking about!!

Well... its a 1988... so yeah probably a new deck would be needed... just have to take the carpet off and check for wood rot n etc... Last I remember... you had two boats... one Ranger and other one at Mille Lacs... and it has been quite a while so I dont remember... as for French... I already planned on that... Just be expecting fone call from me this summer and we'll definitely hit French

And wheres the pic of that MONSTER you were telling me about???

Rebel -

My brother and I have redone a boat twice. The first time we did the floor we took the shortcut - the second time we did it right - floor supports and total new wood. If you want any tips or help once you get started let me know. I think my bro even saved a bunch of photos.

Good luck - erik

Erik... that would be excellent... post them up... The boat is 20 years old now... and I want to do a good job so that it'll last other 30-40 years if you know what I mean... I dont plan on doing any short-cuts...

I will be borrowing a cherry-picker from a friend so that I can take the motor off and replace the transom wood... and probably gonna re-wire the whole boat too... maybe at the same time install a simple system for GPS/Sonar to be hooked up later on in the future... then will redo the flooring and floor covering... am thinking about either Vinyl or Rhino-lining (Herculiner probably would work and I could do my own thickness) instead of carpeting...