• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 snow goose pics

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! How many birds do you ask?? we are sucking it up this spring break!! All I can say is we haven't even broke the 100 mark yet! We should be there before too long but this weather has the geese all messed up! I say bring on the warm weather and get these educated old birds out and the dumb juvies in! Then we should pile em up!

Shot my first banded bird last thursday morn. Had to track it down in the snow across a huge field. She walked a long ways. It pays to find those cripples. The other snow in the pic is the biggest snow I've ever seen. The bird was banded in 2003 when it was to young to fly in Churchill, Manitoba.

untitled1.jpg

2376443400_6b08d2f0a7.jpg

Only killed 11. The field we wanted was taken already when we went to ask permission. Tony Vandemore and the Zink boys were pullin out of the drive when we got there. Kinda makes a guy feel worthless when we kill 11 birds in our field and less than 1.5miles away they ripped 77 birds with 9 guys and 2 cameras. OH well.

Originally Posted By: GottaGo
Great pics guys. I don't know much about snows, so can anybody tell me what is growing on that bird's beak?

If I'm not mistaken, that is a Ross Goose. They develop those 'warts' around the base of their bill.