• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ping metalwoods

BANDERSO

Best thing you can do is go hit them. If you find a dealer that is an authorized ping dealer, they may be able to do a bunch of things with you in terms of finding the best shaft for your swing.

I've hit the G5 before and it felt nice, but with the shaft that was in it, I was all over the place. That is a shaft issue, though...not a head issue.

Steve

i know what you mean!! i'm tired of putting on the carpet down stairs! crazy.gif plus i have a new driver that i bought this winter.( tried one out last summer, but bought one this winter on HSOList for a LOT less!) del

The Rapture is sweet, it is realy important that you put the right shaft on it though. Typical with any driver that has a composite top, to me with the wrong shaft it just feels cheap, with the right shaft you'll gain 15 yds and it will feel like butter. The cool thing about the Rapture is I remember is that it is more heel wieghted which will help you draw the ball.

The G5 and G10 are very forgiving, not the longest but are really nice you are inconsistant off the tee.

I've been out of the golf business for a couple years but I remember that I really liked the rapture.

i tried a rapture 3 wood last year , and found it drew too much for me.( i have a slight draw anyway!) but nice club,felt very solid.

one tip ! if you are going to try out some new clubs; hit some shots with a 7-8 iron to warm up first! that way you have a feel for your swing, and can judge the clubs a little better.( also gives you a chance to try new irons too! grin.gif) del

I hit the G10's in local shops during the winter and used a rental set of G10's in AZ about a month ago and I really liked them. I also took the Ping factory tour and got fitted for a set while I was there. They fitted me for +1/2" on the iron shaft lengths and I sent in my order yesterday.

I haven't hit the newer Ping woods but I bought an i3 driver after hitting it for a couple weeks like a king. Then i paid for it and i couldn't touch it again (its almost like the club new it wasn't paid for and behaved until it was). I found them to be very sensitive clubs, the smallest flaw really affected it. I don't know if the new ones are that way but just something I observed that you need to hit it more than a few times to know.

I love my Ping irons though, I wouldn't play anything else...