• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Midwest Rod & reel

For all those fisherpeople looking to design and build your own custom rod or to purchase a rod built to your specs, check out Midwest Rod & reel.

Bill and Al are grerat guys and are very nice to work with.

Check them out here or give them a call or shoot them an e-mail to see what all your options are,

Midwest Rod & Reel

16224 Main Ave SE

Prior Lake, MN 55322

Bill Pulk

[email protected]

612-720-5268

Al McColl

[email protected]

952-237-0534

http://www.midwestrodandreel.com/

Great to have Bill and Al on board once again. These 2 guys know their rod making and are just plain old great guys. My favorite summer time jigging rods are both Midwest customs and I have a few of their ice fishing rods and they are also top notch.My spiral wrapped baitcaster for deep water lakers is a awesome rod.

Ask them about the Okuma Diablo spinning reels. Great reels for a fraction of what a equivalent Shimano or Diawa would cost.

Thanks to Lee Harvey, Dietz and Northlander. It is great to be back. For those of you who have not seen us the last couple of years, I would like to update you with what has been happening with us. Ater chasing the custom fishing rod market for a couple of years, we have since expanded into not only offering the custom line, but we also have a line of 22 different models of rods ready to go from the floor. Our operation expanded last year into a full scale component store where we offer a large inventory of rod building components. We also offer rod building classes,through our newest division, Build to Fish ,either in large group settings or personal one on one instruction. Check out class schedules at http://www.buildtofish.com. The most exciting news from us, is the opening of our first retail store. We are conviently located in downtown Prior Lake, at 16224 Main Ave. So for you south metro people looking for a more convenient location to purchase your rod building supplies, to any of our other customers who we have met over the last few years, come on out to Prior Lake and stop in and say "Hi"

Al & Bill

Can’t wait to try out my new Midwest custom Cat rod this year. I broke it in on a few Sturgeon last fall but nothing big. Hopefully I change that either with a big mama during the Sturgeon Excursion or a sumo kitty later on.

I couldn't agree more. Bill and Al are great guys. And their products are top notch. They built custom rods for myself and my wife which are not only great looking rods, but exceptional in quality and feel. It wonderful to hear about all of the expansion. I need to make it south to Prior and stop in to say hello. Keep up the great work,

Dean Thorn