• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo Sharing Panfish - 2008

harvey lee

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got out with my Dad, Girlfriend, and CNY Timmy for some late ice sunfish and crappies yesterday. We had a blast catching close to 200 fish from 8-3, and we didnt find the fish good till about 10...

Tank(dad) had a hot hole and had Beth come over and...

p3140687pi9.jpg

Timmy...

p3140689ka7.jpg

Beth and I with a nice bass she caught...

bethbasskf3.jpg

Tank putting the wood to one...

fishfightdadhy0.jpg

A few "macro" shots...

p3140694vp1.jpg

p3140688tm3.jpg

The day was perfect - no wind, 35-40 degrees, a short walk with easy walking conditions, and alot of quality fish with friends and family... grin.gif

Coach - those are one of a kind but can be duplicated, lol. I painted them myself, they have been named the "candy cane" and "honey-mustard". Both have proved to be good colors and patterns...

Heres a link to how I paint them...

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1308616/fpart/1

Here my son Dylan with the big one from saturday night off of Waconia caught in 12 FOW he was extactic when he seen this one come up the hole it was 12" exactly so I would guess a solid pound. It made his whole day and heck he was still reminding me about the whole day today while we were fishing. He is deffinately a true fisherman to the core he is 8 now and he was ice fishing at 2 yrs old.

dylan1fe6.jpg

dylan2xi0.jpg

Did some fishin' last night. The late ice bite is heating up! (Sorry about image size! Haven't solved some Photobucket issues yet)

Open wide

IMG_1852.jpg

Crooked crappie

IMG_1851.jpg

Pete with a couple

IMG_1854.jpg

Cal and crappies

IMG_1856.jpg

Note from admin,please read forum policy before posting again,thank-you.)

Late season crappie fishing is a blast! These fish are from this Saturday (3/15/08), almost needed an extension to get to them, but once we found their location, they bit like mad. We found a mixture of sunnies and crappies, but targeted the true slab crappies. Despite them being pretty finicky, if you find what works, they'll bite, and bite hard!

I love crappie meat, but I also get pleasure releasing big fish, so we'd keep enough 10-12 inch crappies to get a couple good meals, and then release the big 12-14 inch jumbos. Here are a couple pics and release of some beautiful fish we tracked down.

13.5" crappie

danscrappiewebver.jpg

Released

danscrappierelease.jpg

fishlakeman's beautiful 9.5" sunny

nicks95sunny.jpg

fishlakeman's release

nickscappierelease.jpg

Good Luck and God Speed!

Funny story about the 13.5" in the picture above. It hit while I was busy talking to a buddy (typical), but when it took drag I knew it was going to be a good one. I saw its head at the hole and my eyes lit up like headlights, I quickly reached down to scoop it out of the hole. I had it a good 8 inches in the air and it decided it wasn't done yet and flopped back down the hole, and took the drag!

I thought for sure it was lost, but luckily (for my sake, not hers) that it was hooked well enough, and I got to battle twice. I definitely made sure I used the two handed scoop, (like they teach in youth football) to grab it the second time around. After that exciting fiasco, I believe she earned the right to go let those strong eggs hatch, despite the fact that I like to release 12+ inch crappies.

Goldtip,

I think it might have been because the photo was taken at home, not in the natural environment.

If you have the option to do so, it is best to bring the camera with you fishing and pop a photo fresh out of the hole. It makes for a great photo when the water is dripping from the fins.