• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The "bad for you" food question....

222...Man, I get hungry just thinking about the good vittles at the state fair! It's all good, it's all unhealthy, but it only comes around once a year.

One of the very worst, but one of the very best food items has got to be the cheese curds...I'm kinda scared to even touch the box they come in! I let my wife hold it and I kinda pluck one or 5 of them out as needed. And if the need is great, I send her for the second box!grin.gif

I like the Monster Burger at Hardee's, Double Whopper with cheese at BK, The Belt Buster at MT's here in St. Cloud, Chalupas at Taco Bell and anything fried at the Fair.

Originally Posted By: The Grebe
One of the very worst, but one of the very best food items has got to be the cheese curds...I'm kinda scared to even touch the box they come in! I let my wife hold it and I kinda pluck one or 5 of them out as needed. And if the need is great, I send her for the second box!grin.gif

My #1 weakness, deep fried cheese curds. Good grief is there anything better????

Originally Posted By: 89Bronco
I like the Monster Burger at Hardee's, Double Whopper with cheese at BK, The Belt Buster at MT's here in St. Cloud, Chalupas at Taco Bell and anything fried at the Fair.

Bronc, you think those are bad. You need to head south a ways and give Sonic a shot. You go there and the burgers are hanging out the side of the bun, dripping grease and melted cheese, with all the fixins spilling out into your lap. Top that off with some fries and a float with your favorite soda or a slushy, I promise you will leave 1 1/2 lbs heavier than you started.

Sonic has some of the best bad for you food there is. The closest ones to us are in Des Moines and surrounding cities in Iowa. Drive-ins just don't work too well this far north.

Quote:
Sonic has some of the best bad for you food there is. The closest ones to us are in Des Moines and surrounding cities in Iowa.
Sounds good to me...but I always seem to be heading north when I have time to myself. Iowa just doesn't sound like a good vacation to me...no offense to any Iowans. grin.gif

Oh yeah, the Hardee's chili-cheese fries are great too. I wouldn't get them with the Monster Burger unless you have the EMT's eating with you! I also like to eat french fries dipped in mayo instead of ketchup. Would that be a bad for you thing?

Oh yeah, fries in mayo is bad for you, but I like to mix mayo and katsup. If you don't want to go to Iowa, head down to Kansas City, stop in Iowa or anywhere south of Des Moines at Sonic and get your greasy sloppy mix. After that, get back in the truck and head farther south to get some ribs in KC.

Is Val's still operating in St. Cloud?

otherwise, google search for "heart attack grill"...

anyplace that has a "quadruple bypass burger" has got to be good.

Quote:
I've never tried the Belt Buster at MT's. If Annie's cooking, I like the German burger, heavy on the kraut and the works. The kraut makes it healthy, though.

I only had it once. I'm not a regular there, but had to try it after the bartender at the old O'Hara's told us he cooked there. I think it's 2 half-pound patties with the works if I remember it right. I seem to remember toast, a patty with all the fixin's, another patty with all the fixin's and toast on top. There might be some bread in the middle, too, but it just becomes one big, gooey, mess. Delicious! The waitress just shook her head and said you men after I told her I wanted fries with that too. \:\/

MT's?? Where is that or what does it stand for? Doesn't ring a bell. Jimmy's has a 20 oncer with multiple slices of cheese and strips of bacon. Had a hard time finishing off the fries after that one!

Theres a place in downtown Hastings that has or at least had a burger called the heartattack or artery clogger, something like that it was over 1# plus cheese, mushrooms, mayo, onions, fries...so dam good.....

Tippman--MT's on 8th is what it's called. It's at 2022 8th St N in a little strip mall. I think there is an Ace Hardware and grocery store, maybe Coborn's? and a few small shops. It's just a hole-in-the-wall bar. Nothing fancy.

Where is Jimmy's? That sounds good!