• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane Tanks

LOWinEYEin

I like my 10 lb (probably and 11 but I call it a 10) That will work all day for two days running my mr. heater. I don't like to run out and I like to be warm. The 1 lbs are nice for an evening but are spendy if you fish alot.

I like 1 pounders too but I hate when I see them empty on the ice. What a waist. Please pick up when your done. If Im going for more than a day I use a 20 pounder. Nothing worse than running out of propane on the lake and having to go to town for more. Im looking at the PIG for this year. I believe its 10pounds? Short and wide tank not as much worry about tipping.

I have one of those short/squat 11# tanks. Been using it for two winters now. It's better that 1# cylinders on a cold day because the pressure is more constant and I truly believe it makes my Buddy heater perform alot better. No stopping to change the tank and relight/reheat. The hoses are plenty long that you can buy so the tank sits outside your shelter. I have never seen anything but 20# tanks available for exchange anywhere......T