• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Muzzleloader forum??

fishin58

So i just noticed a new motorcycling and a rod builders fourm??? Where is the muzzloader forum.. I think there would be a little more interest in the the muzzleloader forum, and people have asked for it!

Same answer.....use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and make your suggestion. Thats the best way to get your suggestion in front of the powers that be.

The muzzleloader info is typically covered under Deer/hunting/ and shooting sports. The problem with giving it its own forum is that there are rarely any ML comments or questions outside of Sept. through Dec. It gets its time in during the hunting season, but much else.

Since the start of the all-season license and being allowed to both muzzleloader and rifle hunt, the number of Minnesota muzzleloader hunters is rising dramatically. Each year there are a lot of first-time muzzleloader hunters who have many questions. I think a muzzleoader forum would be very appropriate given the recent increase of folks entering this sport. I think the forum would be active year round.

icefishing21,

If you are going to start muzzleloading, I would buy a gun this spring so you have plenty of time to sight in and get the right powder/bullet set up. Its a bit of work but fun if you have enough time. Better to have several months to do this then just a few weeks.

I sent a request into admin for a forum. Hope others are doing the same.

The no scope rule is a great rule! I would be VERY against it changing. If you need a scope on it to hit anything, then use it during the rifle season.

I think there is plenty of room in this shooting forum for our smokepole issues.

i believe this would be a nice forum to have, and like powerstroke stated, click on the contact link and email your thoughts about why we should have one. i have been shooting mine for years. Its great when you can go out and deer hunt with them, and know that you only have one shot.

Again, send it to the contact link, and they will get back to you shorty.