• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unusual catch

TonkaBass

You guys should spend a few years on the river. You will bring things up from the depths that will make you shake your head for two weeks.

Here are a couple of my favorites, and just for reference, the guy in the video LFC is about 6'5, that was no small animal.

IMG_0192-1.jpg

Ha ha DTRO, that turtle wasn't too happy. And did the trolling motor work?

I snagged a couple lures last year. I snagged a crappie all the way through the back casting a spoon. It looked like I hooked it like a minnow. I was fishing with my dad on the river and he caught a shoe, thankfully no foot inside but it did put up quite a fight. \:D

Love the "wanna get the length and girth" quote. That is pretty sweet.

I caught a long nose gar fishing gills in a bayou down south one time, fun getting those things off the hook. My brother once had a diver duck get tangled in his line. That was crazy for a while.

I have a few for ya.

Waverly a few years back I'm flippin a T-rigged lizard into pockets of milfoil and hooked into what I thought was a huge bass. Turned out to be about a 20lb plus snapper along with about ten lbs of milfoil.

Waconia casting around rock dock area. Get seven inch worm & weight wrapped around leg of gull. It takes off and I'm fighting this thing as its flying away... WEirD. I ended up cranin it back to boat as my buddy is laughing is &^% off. Bird was soo tired I was able to uncoil his leg and let him swim off.

Trolling for pike on Eden lake about 14 years ago with heavy lindy like set ups with large to med size creak chubs. I hook into one that I swore up and down was the trophy of a lifetime. Keep in mind there were 4 other people in this 14 foot alumicraft feeling overwhelming urges to give me advice on my nearly 15 minute battle. I also happn to be using a buddy of mine's dad's rod/reel = the crappiest set up in the world with OLD 8 lb line. It ends up being a 19lb 12 oz Channel cat. Not quite the trophy pike I thought it was going to be but Seriously, I've never talked to anyone with a crazy stupid story like that one.

Casting a frog on a small lake, tons of swallows cruzing the shorelines targeting small insects. I end up connecting with one like you would not believe. I mean WHACK!!! the bird goes down with a sudden spluoosh.... I'm nearly speachless, and on the virge of a chuckle as I recall, then, as I'm watching this thing twitching about 10 yards portside, with my rod in hand and frog hanging out of the water, there is a subtle swirl and wouldn't you know it... yep, the swallow got swallowed.

Good post topic... some good stories earlier as well.

Fever

Well I might as well tell all...

I caught 1 tern by tangling the line around it, 1 by knocking it out when it hit my rod (by accident).

Once I felt a "tick" while pitching a jig in some coontail and set the hook. It started running like mad and then I was able to reel again. I got it just up to the boat and realized I hooked a large beaver. My fishing partner yelled out "OMG, it's a beaver!" then my jig came undone with a fully bend out of shape hook on it!

Had a muskie chase a crankbait on minnetonka into the boat! Literally. It hit the drivers windshield then fell back into the lake. It was probably low 40's or so

I was lindy rigging for walleyes and snaged someone elses line, Pulled it in and it had a dead 3 lb bullhead on it. Got a nice spinner rig and bottom bouncer out of the deal though.

i caught a bass and a carp on the same cast.it was unbelieveable.The bass had the rattle trap in its mouth but must of ran into the carp and the line got rapped around its dorsil fin and i ended up getting both of those fish in.Craziest thing ive ever seen

We were slip bobber fishing for Walleye fishing on Mille Lacs and I was in the front of the boat a few years ago That style of fishing tends to cause one to drink beer at a much faster rate. We had close to a limit of fish and over my limit on beer when the boat captain said pull in the lines and the anchor. I got the fishing lines part and forgot the anchor. We drove about 1-2 miles on Mille Lacs with the captain cursing his motor the entire way until he realized my error. A few more curses at me and I was pulling up the anchor. I thought I had really had tied one on as I could barely get the anchor up. With a lot of laughing and cheering on I finally got the anchor to surface and attached to our small anchor was a huge launch anchor from years before. It took three of us to get it out. A little welding & cement and my buddy still has it as a centerpiece in his cabins front yard.