• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

south metro trout streams

FishOn!

Was the state record crappie that came out of the Vermillion just a lucky catch or does the stream actually support good crappie fishing, I did pull two out of a deep hole one day but neither of them were over 8"

Quote:
Ill have to try that I've never trout fished after dark

You might want to check the regs befor eyou do this. I may be wrong but I think you can only fish trout from an hour before sunrise to an hour after!!??

Originally Posted By: gotcatfish
 Quote:
Ill have to try that I've never trout fished after dark

You might want to check the regs befor eyou do this. I may be wrong but I think you can only fish trout from an hour before sunrise to an hour after!!??

Oh No did I pass illeagle Info??

Originally Posted By: gotcatfish

11 PM

You just did: but not totally accurate. River is very long runs from lakeville to redwing. It is only C&R from head waters and just past hwy. 52. the rest is not protected trout water. Below the falls in hastings it is not much of a trout stream any more changes a bit hold different fish.

Just so everyone is clear on the regulations, it's only a 2 mile stretch of water in Farmington that is legal to harvest fish.

From the DNR regulations book:

Vermilion RIVER including all tributaries to their source (Dakota

County) trout: All must be immediately returned to the water within a

19.5-mile reach from the Highview Avenue bridge in Eureka Township

to the posted boundary 1.1 miles downstream from the U.S. Hwy. 52

bridge. Except statewide regulations will apply on the 2-mile reach

of the main stem from Denmark Avenue to the State Hwy. 3 bridge in

Farmington.