• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance X67c For ice fishing?

KG243

I just got back into ice fishing this winter and i am having such a blast, i know i will be doing a lot more summer fishing out of my duck boat. That being said i am looking at this Lowrance X67c for a summer and winter fish sonar/flasher. has anyone ever used one of these or had any experince with them? with all the features it has i cant see where i would go wrong buying it for 325 and be set for both summer and winter fishing. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

that depthfinder is a very good one. my buddy has one and it doesn't interfer with my velixar which is very nice. also with it being so compact is nice also. it has a very nice crisp color which i like too. you will like it also.

I have an X67c. I bought it for the bow of my boat, and it works great. I think it is 4 years old now. The next year,I was going to buy a flasher for the ice and when I was looking at which one I wanted I found out that they made an ice kit for my x67, so I bought that. It works really good. Sometimes in deep water or too close to another x67 I have to mess they the settings but for the price and being able to hook it up to my trolling motor, I am very happy with it. I have to tell you I was on LOW last weekend fishing with my cousin who has an FL18 [and loves it] and said that he really liked watching mine in graph mode. It is pretty cool watching the line move up to your jig and change colors as it does.Now with all that being said, My son wants his own for next year, so guess what. He's not getting a new one. I plan on letting him use my 67 and the new LX5 that I want and can't justify will be mine. People say you can use a flasher all year round, but I prefer a gragh in open water, you don't have to watch it every second.

X67c is a great all around unit. It will take a little more setup time than a Marcum or Vex but it also has a lot of options the others don't for that price range. A fully adjustable zoom for example. You can adjust both the zoom size and the depth you want it to be at - great when fishing suspended fish. Flasher or graph mode. Lots of color options and viewing modes. Bottom depth is displayed in middle of flasher, readouts are in large numbers. I fish it right next to a Marcum LX5 and it works just fine. The unit sits on the bow of my boat for open water. If you can swing it the 520/522 also have the ice functions as well as GPS.

Check your local walmart now for pricing on them...i got one for $200 about a week ago...Been using an x100c ice fishing and loved that, but it didnt have the ice fishing puck.

This is a great unit, way cheaper than a vex or marcum, with a color screen.

I really enjoy the fact you can use flasher or graph and many more options.

Enjoy it!