• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Albino Moose

Coach1310- I like to hunt both places, but the albino deer was taken in the Foley area. i would post pictures but the pictures i have are of it hanging in the tree(aginst forum picture policy), not the ones that were taken in the summer.

Here is a link to a picture of our party with the albino deer.

http://www.d.umn.edu/~raux0051/5230/glocal/assets/cover_1.jpg

I am usually not one to dispute the validity of other peoples pictures.................BUT, I can say with 99% certainty that those moose were not photographed in Marenisco, MI. I grew up in Bessemer (15 mins. west of Marenisco) and have never heard of ANY albino moose. I have fished, hunted, snowmobiled, etc. all over the area and have never come across a "normal" moose, let alone an albino. I believe those pictures have been circulating around the internet for awhile now and were actually shot in Canada.

There is a bait shop just west of Lake Gogebic that has numerous pictures of albino deer, and I believe and albino bear, but no moose.

Quote:
notice the magpie in pic

I was going to raise that point, but I couldn't find a true "homerange" of the magpie. I hate, hate, hate those birds and it is illegal to "exterminate" them in CO.........