• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Tent?

Ahhhhhhhhhh.....I am having a brain fart here guys? So I need some help thunking this one out.

A friend of mine is looking for a 1-2 man ice-tent that has no floor.

I remember one called the Inst-a-tent...Ahhhh...Port-ahhhh...whatsit...thingy...or something like that but I can't find any info on it.

It is a black tent that has no floor and packs up into a very small package ideal for sledding into the back country. They were tall too, Doug Stange was a fan of them if that helps anyone place them.

Gaseous cranium syndrome has me stumped today Eh?

grin.gif

Thanks,

Ed

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

Surface Tension do you know if they are still available?

If so E-mail me the address so I can pass it along to the guy whom needs it.

He may be interested in a good used one too?

Thanks,

Ed

------------------
Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
701-281-2300
><,sUMo,>

You can find these tents for sale on hsolist, just do a search for ice fishing tent and it will come up. They have 6x6 and 6x8 sizes available and are 6'10" tall. They look to have a silver reflective interior to help keep heat in. I think this is exactly what your looking for.

Fisherdog

InsTents are great. I have one for BWCA spearing, and it is a handy piece of equipment. They are made in Cloquet, so maybe check the phone listings up there.

I think your talking about Insta Tent like S.T. said. You can still find them in the Duluth area. Northwest Outlet and maybe Marine General. I thought they quit making them but You can still get them. I didnt like them especially the floorless one. Pain to set up in wind, anchor on snowless ice and take down and fold up. For Bwca it might be ok but theres much lighter tents out on the market now. If you cant find them e-mail me and Ill find 1 for ya... [email protected]

Cool. I have a friend looking for a very portable spearing tent. The floor-less feature is what he wants so that is perfect.

I'll pass this along to him and see if he has found one yet.

Thanks all!

Ed

------------------
BACKWATER GUIDING
701-281-2300
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Insta Tent was made in Cloquet MN but for some unknown reason they went out of business 2 yrs ago
Proctor Canvas in Proctor MN builds them to your specs with or without floor.
hope this helps
Tim

------------------
Pies and Eyes for all.
Stay dry and on the fly if you find them they will bite..