• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rocken' Reels

iffwalleyes

Tom Herman........The help was appreciated and it was a suprise to see you there.

Just another note, this year's model will have a larger base and stand taller than last year's. It's more like the original one that was field tested for about three years. So stay tuned. Getting the whole thing going is a mighty task and we have to walk before we run-so be patient..........T

Great product T-Bone. This little rod holder is one of the sweetest, yet simplest deals going for any serious ice angler. Turns any ice rod into an instant supersensitive stick. Anything that simplifies yet improves my wintertime angling gets bigtime approval. smile.gif

Yep yep yeps They are coming soon and will be available before the ice is safe to be on or sooner !!!! There has been just a couple of changes to “tweek” them just a bit better. Not much was needed because Tbone designed them about perfect to start with. Keep an eye out for them here on Fishing Minnesota or ask for them at your local sport shops.

Thanks again Tom for the assistance loading that material. Your help was very appreciated.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle
[email protected]

I have a question about this things. How when fishing tight (2"-6") to the bottom do you guys get your depth set? Do you just drop to the bottom put in in the rocken reel and then crank it up a little, or do you somehow mark the line so that you know where it needs to be at? New toy I would like to know how it works before I get one.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

The Rock N Reels will save you money. If you have ever lost a reel to a pike or any other fish you will be money ahead with the Rock n Reel. I will be putting them on all my Guide Portables this year (if I can get my hands on some soon enough).

Last year my personal portable was the only one that had them on. Countless times I looked down and noticed that my rod was pulled into the hole with a fish on but the Rock N Reel was doing its job, holding my rod, like it is supposed to. They are truely amazing products.

As for setting your depth. You will get a feel for where your rod tip will sit, you will get very good at setting it by letting it to the bottom and then reeling it up. Otherwise, I use my LX-3 to set the depth. That is the easy way.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I just like the fact that I don't have to deal with bobbers anymore, I still carry a few bobbers with me, but really havn't used one for a couple years. Is the RnR better than bobbers? I'd say no, but I think they are just as good, the fact that I don't have to reset my bobber stop after every fish, worry about the bobber freezing to the line, or waste time feeding the line thru the bobber until you get to the knot. So now I pop a hole, drop the bait down, set the depth using a Vex, put the rod on the RnR, kick back and wait. I'll rock the reel every once in a while to get that minner moving once again. As was said before, so simple, yet so effective. I do set my drag a little lighter if I'm out checking a tip-up or talk'n with someone. Havn't lost a rod yet!

Rick......Thanks for posting that link to last winter's string of r/r talk. It was fun to read it again. I had forgotten how intense it got! I've been really busy lately because I'm in the middle of six weeks of learning all about a new airliner. It's a cryin' shame because it keeps me away from dealing with this. .......T

T-Bone: Super invention! Can yous helpen me out? I am instructing a women's ice fishing seminar...need more of your gadgets! Seminar is scheduled for Feb...save 5 for me...OK?

T-Bone: BTW...where in the heck do I find the Shanty? Had a wedding up here a few weeks ago and...fishin got put on backburner. Sonfish and Bullhead...lookin to play at the...Metrodome hopefully in high school football playoffs! Another reason...the mighty fish...have been put in on the backburner for me lately!

Mary Ann'gler.........We've missed you in the Shanty.......Go to the Forums Home Page and go all the way to the bottom. We're sucking wind at second from the bottom on the long list. I think Rick likes to hide us there! ........

MJ5.......Is that magazine out (I couldn't find one) or did you hear that somewhere?...T

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

T-Bone,
I have a copy of it also. We are product #7 behind:
Vex, Jiffy, Daiwa, Eskimo, Northland, and Strikemaster. There are 21 new products listed.

Bruce Mosher of Ice Buster Bobbers (Todays Tackle) is on the cover..nice pic Bruce.

I also did a Rock-N-Reel interview with Jeff Simpson of In Fisherman and that will also be appearing in their magazine. Jeff Simpson did tell me that FishingMinnesota.com's contact info would appear in the article as well.

He asked for a phone number in case he couldn't put fishingminnesota.com in it. I gave him our toll free number just in case: (866) 333-2160.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-21-2003).]