• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DC's Ice Blanks

Well,

Tim went and challenged me again. You know that's not a good idea! Talked to a friend in the mid-west and he's pretty sure he can get those orange and black blanks again. He'll get by there as soon as he has a chance and check with the owner of the shop. Once he gets me a price and inventory #s, we can stock up. Ok, next time lets make it a little harder, ok? hehehehe

These are sweet light weight glass blanks with a nice taper and very sensitive tip. Some guys like a stiffer rods but like a lot of the other guys here, I like a soft tipped rod with a good backbone. Once I know the deal, I'll let you know and you are welcome to buy some just like everyone else. DC builds some super rods!! I haven't built one in a long time but have 4, yeah, I found another, of the glass ones above, some St Croix Avids and a sweet glass blank I need to cut down. Been a long time since I put my building skills aside. Wonder if I've still got what it takes?

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
 Originally Posted By: Darksider
I would like one.... Please..

You come in and stir the pot and now you want handouts.. confused.gif Nice...

Still stirring..... I make my own rods thank you.... You boys are easy..

Originally Posted By: Darksider
Good one Steve..... Well like i said in my PM.... It really shows...

Shows what? that Steve and his family actually go fishing, catch fish and have a good time (just look at the smiles Steve and his family show in their pictures).

At least he's not hiding behind his computer starting unnecessary trouble everywhere he goes.

The members of this site are passionate about going out and catching a few fish and thats just what we do here.

pertaining to the Vex vs. Marcum deal. I still say any flasher is better than no flasher it comes down to personal preference . Personally I own a Vex and a Marcum and just happen to prefer the Marcum, and it has nothing to do who they sponsor or who tries to sell them.

Timmy - lots o hijacking lately, its all good though. \:\)

King - Iv'e made my fair share of rods but not really for profit, most were for cost or gifts. I may bang out a few rods for next year for most in here...

Fullmoon - Those avid blanks sanded and painted well. I softened the last few inches a bit and just gave em a few lite coats of flat black. Waiting on some guides now. Got my b-day lathe delivered today - a PSI Turncrafter Pro. Cant wait to play with some handles on that thing. Cork rings are getting way to pricy. I'll be useing more burls and composits. You got a line on rings?...