• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GTA -4-

Meaney

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a fun multi-player game, check out warhawk. It's basically online only, but fun as H-E-Double Hockey Stix (I figured [PoorWordUsage] would be an inappropriate word here)!

Does anyone think that driving a car is a bit more touchy in this game as opposed to the previous GTA's? It's crazy when you toss someone off a building how real it looks, cartwheels, the splat, I Love it!

Originally Posted By: hoggs222
If you want a fun multi-player game, check out warhawk. It's basically online only, but fun as H-E-Double Hockey Stix (I figured [PoorWordUsage] would be an inappropriate word here)!

haha, and you still used the word \:\)

I'm playing on ps3. I'm still not used to using L2 & R2 to drive. I'm used to x and o. I would have more time in on the game but for some reason my ps3 keeps freezing up during games. I had to restore ps3 setting, which took 5 hours to do. I'll try it again tonight, if it still happens, sony will send me the return box to get it fixed.....

I play it on 360, and a lot of guys and myself were getting that same problem playing the multiplayer last night too... maybe it is a system overload

I'm playing on ps3. I'm still not used to using L2 & R2 to drive. I'm used to x and o. I would have more time in on the game but for some reason my ps3 keeps freezing up during games. I had to restore ps3 setting, which took 5 hours to do. I'll try it again tonight, if it still happens, sony will send me the return box to get it fixed.....

This happened to me too, and yes I had to send it to Sony also. If your PS3 is under a year old people DO NOT bring it back to the store where it was purchased, they will do nothing and refer you to Sony anyway. You have to call Sony directly, they send you a box and prepaid shipping label. Box arrives, pack it up and wait for 2 weeks total usually. Mine started freezing after a hour or so of game play and it really started to irk me so I called and had it replaced. They said it was overheating apparently, but I dont see how seeing as mine was always free-standing and in an open place. If it's surrounded at all, try moving it to somewhere where the fan can constantly blow freely. Mine would freeze so much after a while I couldnt even play it anymore, and it all just so happened to occur after a system update lol.

Hmmm. I just got mine about a week and a half ago and I think there was a new update a week and a half ago also. Interesting.

I'm gonna mess around with it and see what happens!

If you are having issues with GTA locking up, uninstall the game and reinstall it. I have read of many people doing this with success. I had this issue as well... deleted the game and then reinstalled it. So far the problem has been resolved. Played for 5 hours yesterday and didn't notice any lockups or pauses at all.

I had issues with my GTA4 install to. I even took it back and got another disc. I was ticked!

Here's what dude at Game Stop told me.

Disable your internet. (Under settings and all the way down under network - you'll see)

Delete game profile (Under the "Game" category then scroll up.)

Reboot

Reinstall and it should be fine.

I haven't went online since he told me that, plus the comment made on here that it was lame hasn't pushed me to try. But since then I've logged 4-5 hours. It's fun - finally got an automatic! Uzi I think

Uninstall everything? Could I save my game progress to a memorystick and just re-install? What menu do you go into for un-install?

The PS3 stores all the saved game files in a seperate area. Delete the GTAIV install file and reinstall the game. You're saved files are safely stored elsewhere so you won't have to worry about them being deleted. Once you reinstall the game, it'll load up with saved file automatically.

As far as the network issue is concerned, I've heard of mixed comments for that solving the problem. More have concluded the reinstall solves the issue. I expect Rockstar to patch this issue soon.

How often does the ps3 come out with updates and patches? Is it on Thursdays?

I had to update mine yesterday when I tried to play GTA, it was an update for GTA not the PS3 itself. It actually went really fast compared to Sony's updates that seem to take an hour lol!

How often does the ps3 come out with updates and patches? Is it on Thursdays?

I don't think there's any specific timeframe for Sony to release updates. I normally check every couple of weeks for updates.

I havent played any game since fishing opener. I cant seem to find the time to play in the summer, its just too nice outside to sit inside and veggie out lol. One thing about GTA games is you can always pick them up later and start like you never missed a beat. MGS4 looks to be a pretty good game as well.

Same here Meaney, my boy is now a little over 6 months old so it's a challenge to get out and fish especially since I dont have a boat, but all my buddies do as well as my dad so whenever one calls and wants to go out I just give the wifey a look and she says, "See ya later" lol!

i havent played gta 4 since about a week and a half after it came out. i am only like 4% into the game. i switched back to COD4 and playing wii more, but the biggest difference is that it is actually nice outside now.