• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

underwater camera

Bigairjer

I've seen them inside other peoples fish houses so I know it can be done. I have a friend who hooks his OVS underwater camera to a 18 inch TV. I'll ask him about it and get back to you. I think that there is an adaptor (if there isn't one with it already) that will work in unison with the TV or three way hook-up. I know that Best Buy has three way hook-ups for such a case.

I've also heard of people recording their underwater camera footage on a VCR. That might be a little extreme but its an option.

Good Fishin,
Matt

Ya, I just got a Aqua-Vu this August and I love it already. I am building a 10'X 16' fishhouse and im going to put a 16" (I think its 16") TV in there.
On my Aqua-Vu, there is a viedo out plug-in and I will just hook that upto the TV and walla; Fishing action to view for everybody!

But since you only have the camera, I have no idea if and/or how you can hook it up to a TV.

------------------
Fish ON!

BigAir,

With the Camera only you should have gotten a plug that will mate to the plug so that it ends in an RCA plug and a pair of Gator Clips. So just plug the RCA into the Video input on your TV and plug Red to Red and Black to Black on your battery. You also may want to look at Walmart for a 12" TV/VCR 12volt/110volt combo sometimes they are on sale for $120 bucks.......very nice in a fish house.

------------------
Tight Lines,

JP Z

I bought an Aqua View camera with a 13" black and white tv. Both came together. The tv has uhf/vhf as well as a radio. I bought this around 6 years ago. Since then the camera doesn't work, so I now have a $500 13" black and white DC tv/radio! frown.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I like Seabass77 idea. Except I don't know if a 48 inch tv would fit too well in my fish trap. wink.gif

And I'd freak out when that 3 inch perch swims infront of the camera and looks like a 2 footer on tv.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[This message has been edited by MJ5 (edited 09-17-2003).]

MJ5, Thanks! The site is sorta like my braggin board. I have relations in Japan, and it's nice for them to see "what's goin on" in the good ol US of A. Does anyone know if a replacement camera can be had for the Vista Cams? Would it be as much to buy a new unit? Thanks for any replys.

------------------

Duffman,

The push button rotational feature is awesome. Makings work and fishing easier. Instead of lifting and re-anchoring you can just push a button.

My friend and I have had problems with a black bar that appears on the screen when used out in the cold for long periods of time. Inside a portable seems to be fine but when we're out hole hopping we run into it once in a while. We asked around about it and we couldn't get a for sure answer so we traded it in for a new one. Nothing seems to be wrong with the new one but I've talked to other people who have expierenceed the same thing. The best answer was that there was a group of them that when made had some sort of problem.

Another disadvantage might be the clarity. Although most underwater cameras are going to go through this as well. Dark/stained waters during the day are ok but at night forget it. Not gonna see much. I've seen the same with other brands as well.

I like the OVS 500 better then any other camera so far but I haven't tried the new Aqua-Vu ZT series, so I can't campare to Aqua-Vu's best.

Drop me an e-mail if you want some more info about the OVS underwater cameras of Aqua-Vu's. I've talked with a lot of people about both units and would be willing to help anyone with making a selection that best fits them.

Good Fishin,
Matt

I got a Aqua-Vu MCX2 120' and it works good at night. Your visibility is about 3'-5' or so.
I thought about getting a OVS 500 but didn't like the lighting feature on it so i got the Aqua-Vu and have been satisfied so far.

------------------
Fish ON!

Hit this link http://www.fishfever.com/actionvideo.htm to watch video we shot with the vs500. MarCum has a video CD with some night time footage on it. You can see about 15-20 feet at night on Lake Minnetonka in October. With all cameras the muddier the water the tougher the viewing. If you want the MarCum CD go to www.marcum.com hit the email and request a CD. The video on the CD is very cool. All the underwater videos on fishfever.com are shot with the 500. Take a look for yourself. All the video is real lake footage...no tank shots.

Most of the issues with the OVS 500 and the black bar on the screen were not related to the camera but the battery. If your battery is in poor condition or not charged up, this will happen.

I have never had the problem, but I know others that have and the remedy was to fully charge the battery or replace the bad battery.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
www.millelacsguideservice.com

Scott, it was a pleasure. I only wish that I could've gotten off work to meet you up there to pre-fish. I think if you would've fished the rock piles, you might have gotten your smaller slot fish to boost your rankings. Imagine that, not being able to catch small ones, and wishing the big ones wouldn't bite! I was gritting my teeth after day one weigh-ins thinking, Man, I wish I could've took you to a few of those spots! Being small and marking the "general" vicinity on GPS..They are hard to find. The overall field didn't fare well, and for you to finish as you did..Great job! I seen captains of local charters that gotten skunked during the tournament. Hard to believe! Anyways, come up and fish again, I'll find time to head out and catch some of those big LBDN walleye.....Back to the subject. $500 for the cam? Sounds like a good price. I payed that 10 years ago when they first started comeing out, and the quality of todays cameras far surpass the one I have. Mark

------------------

Duffman, I used an ovs 500 this summer, the only thing I didnt care for was that the clear plastic cover over the screen was parellel with the screen, meaning in the dayime, you see your face when looking directly at the screen, if it were at an angle to the screan the reflection of your face wouldnt be there. also the telescoping shroud for the screan is a joke. but it does work.

Can it be, We shot the night footage on October 28 with the VS500. The video speaks for itself. The smallie eats video was shot Jan 29. The lens is in 22 feet of water under 20 inches of ice on a cloudy low overcast day if you watched the vid do I need to say more about this unit? I believe they are $500 or so. The things are tanks. I've ran mine in every condition imaginable about 40 times last winter with minimal wear and tear and it always performed.