• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

place to snowmobile and stay

edgeucator

I was around the Lake Vermillion/Tower area last weekend. The trails were great and the lake riding was slush free. You'll find great establishments and plenty of snow all around this area. You could stay at a number of places but would throw out Pike Bay Lodge near Tower. They are convenient to drive to, right on the trail and have beautiful new cabins right on Lake Vermillion.

Depending on how far "up nort" your talking, I would reccomend taking a trip from the Wheelers Point area on Lake of the Woods and taking the groomed trail across the lake and exploring the N.W. Angle area. I would also recommend staying @ Sportsmans Oak Island Lodge. Nice accomodations, excellent food and great people. It's an extremly relaxing atmosphere with awesome scenery and excellent snow conditions. I was up there this weekend and the trails are in excellent condition and clearly marked!

Check with Cheffrey up at Larsmont or The Grand Superior Lodge. They are right on the North Shore Trail system. They will have up to date trail conditions I would think. I know they get a lot of Snowmobilers up there at Grand Superior. I know the Grand Marais area got a lot of snow.

edgeucator, I think you guys have some of the best snow in the state right now. I was done in south east MN this weekend riding and it was a lot of fun. I'm guessing the snow got hit hard by the monday warmup but it was a lot of fun.

What town do you live in??

Check out the pictures i have post from this weekend in the 07-08 post!!! Everyone Post Your Pictures!!!!

central bassman im in west concord but also have a fram near lanesboro, yeah the snow disapeared with that warmup and then yesterday it rained for half a day so the conditions are not very good reight now. the trails and scenery are awesome down by lanesbro, the trails follow old loging roads through the wood, i love snowmobiling down here but i would like to take a trip north once this winter. i had herd that there was a ton of snow earlier this winter.