• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Curious Cows

I like the shot. Looks like some wide angle full frame action going on here. And yes, it certainly was a beautiful day, can't complain too much when it is finally above freezing and the sun was shining brightly.

If I may, the only thing I would recommend on this type of picture is to attempt to place yourself in a location so as to not have shadow cast. That is one thing that will be hard to do with full frame wide angle, and probably not possible the way these cows were lined up for this particular shot.

Tom

Yes, the shadow -- I couldn't get away from myself. The cows were actually way back in the field so I sat on the ground and talked to them, sure enough they started coming closer and closer, but didn't like it too much if I moved. So trying to frame them, shoot through the fence and not get my shadow (it was late afternoon) wasn't going to happen.

They actually came very close to me -- 17mm at full frame, at one point I was trying to back away a little.

Cheryl I like the shot, but this could be interesting with a "strobist" bent to it. I am not sure how the cows would like it but I am guessing there are some possibilities with it.

I wonder what the owners would think if I set up my flash on a lightstand. I could already see them watching me out the window, probably thinking why is that crazy woman taking photos of our cows and talking to them.

But yes, a strobisty shot would be fun, especially if you could close the aperture and have everything in focus all the way back.

The resolution and sharpness on far away objects is blowing my mind. I took a wide-angle shot of a corn field with a barn way in the distance, when i look at it at 100 percent, I can't believe the detail.

I do like the camera and I better like the 17-40, that and the 100mm f/2 are my only lenses now, lol.

Better start saving again ...