• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BDR and first BIF.

Buzz was right, the river is froze solid. Also, as mentioned in other thread, eagles are scarce. I was told that there have been no more than 3 or 4 around since a month ago. I saw two, one behind branches up high in a tree and the other one on the wrong side of the river that a person would have needed a 600mm times 2, to reach. Oh well, it was a super nice day to be out. Here are a few shots from the day, nothing worth keeping. Everything but the swans, were way too far out. Hopefully, I'll have better luck tomorrow on the Mississippi river. At the motel I'm at in Red Wing, there's actually a pickup with a boat hooked up to it. The dude has got to be nuts.

OK, not bif but still, a flight shot. grin.gif

2222225926_558ff2efc5_o.jpg

Couple mallards

2222225862_c7e72ff7e3_o.jpg

Lone drake

2222226086_1b0a165bb7_o.jpg

Same lone drake but this shot shows just how far away he was with the 400mm lens.

2222226046_18fd4b215b_o.jpg

Sharing the hen?

2221434651_f071ab6fb8_o.jpg

The swans. Wow, white on white. Tough not to blow out something, especially with the sun shining.

2221434323_3f23b37db9_o.jpg

Thanks guys and gal. But, doesn't anyone like the jet? grin.gif At least, the jet moved slow enough for me. Man, them ducks move fast. It reminds me of when I used to duck hunt. I had a hard time hitting them then too. whistle.gif At least now, the ammo doesn't cost and the hunting season is always open. I just wish they wouldn't have stayed out so far. After looking over my exif, I see now that the lone mallard was shot at just 250mm. \:o I don't know how that happened.

Well, I'm going to hit the sack and get up bright and early for another exciting day.