• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Trade Rumors

maros91

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic and an embarassment to the state and the fans that support this organization. DR- How dumb do you think your fan base is? What sense is there in bringing this moron in? We are the laughingstock of the league with this debacle. Meanwhile all the teams we will be up against (if we even make the playoffs now) made themselves better for the playoffs. Brutal.

I think you guys might be a little harsh here.

If you think about what happened last year against Anaheim in the playoffs, we got worked and out muscled. We weren't necessarily a worse team. Just not really as tough of a team. I think an addition like Simon could help us here. He doesn't necessarily have to be a goon and go out there and drop the gloves all the time. We need someone who can hit and who can stir up the game a little bit. What did we have, 4 hits against Calgary the other day?

On the other side, you guys want a quick fix and a high profile player to go in there and make everything better. Sure, it might be nice to have someone to bring some extra spice to putting the puck in the net. But is that really how you want to go far in the playoffs? You want to BUY a Stanley Cup?

I don't want to be that team. Give me your tickets. I'll still go.

He has to spend time on the ice to be effective-not sitting in the press box for another 20 or 30 game suspension. How does that help the Wild? There's a difference between being someone domiating on the ice physically vs. someone who does things on the ice that are borderline criminal acts. Why does DR want that type of guy? I just don't get it.

well, I have stuck with this team from the begining and I guess I am going to stick with same team to the end. I have hopes of them making a run in the playoffs but I think thats my "optomistic" side of me speaking! I am really bummed they didn't make a move! Oh well big game tonight, hopefully they get a win!! Go Wild!

Originally Posted By: walleyes12
well, I have stuck with this team from the begining and I guess I am going to stick with same team to the end. I have hopes of them making a run in the playoffs but I think thats my "optomistic" side of me speaking! I am really bummed they didn't make a move! Oh well big game tonight, hopefully they get a win!! Go Wild!

There's the spirit!

It will be interesting how WCCO, the radio home of the Wild, spins how they sat on their hands and did absolutely nothing to improve the team. They are sooooo homer/biased towards the teams they broadcast (but of course flame the teams they don't).

I'm not sure it is fair to place all the blame on the Wild organization.

Obviously these top notch players have a say in where they go. Look at Forsberg. They also know what teams are looking at them.

Honestly, would you come to MN?

Just a question, nothing meant bad about it.

These players want to win a cup bad. The Av's team from a few years ago proves that.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
Honestly, would you come to MN?

I am sure there are players that want to come and play in front of a full house everynight. The state of hockey, the team of 18,000, the new "hockeytown", and so forth. It is are style of play that keeps people from playing here. No "star" wants to play defensive style hockey.

The Wild need big tough guys. We need big tough guys that can put the puck in the net a little and make a play or two. I can probably count on one hand how many goals Simon and Boogaard have had in the last 3 years.

It would be nice to see the hometown team make that big trade to get the superstar. Garnett with the Wolves, Santana with the Twins, and maybe Moss with the Vikes are all stars that we shipped out. What big trade for a star have we made, what Herschel Walker. Make that trade with the star being in his prime and when he is not over the hill.

As I am writing this the Wild is down 2-0. Step it up boys. mad.gif

4-1 loss mad.gif. You could tell in their body language that they were expecting a trade to jump start them. I think Lemaire needs to go. This is the new NHL and his defensive style isn't working. Riseborough should follow him. He has been the GM for 7 years now and has made 1 good trade maybe 2(Demitra and Ronning) and 1 good free agent signing(Rolston). Time to go with more of a offensive style. Sure I will keep watching them and sure we will still pack the X everynight but something needs to change. Maybe our new owner Leipold will shake things up. Something needs to happen.

I was at the game, and they were flat. I do have to say that that is a best I have seen the Caps play in the last to years and I've been to several games. The trouble the Wild have with the build from within theory is that they never have a bad enough season to get a top five draftee that can make an immediate impact. Just look at the players that the Blackhawks and the Blues have in the pipeline. They are going to be tough in a couple years. The Wild should have made a move to get some young but mature players. In the long run I don't think the Sullivan for Demitra trade was a long term winner. They also need some grinders, maybe Simon will spark up a good grind line that can put some points on the board and players on the ice.

I thought the Wild played a good game......but the caps played better. The wild had tons of shots, but lots of them were blocked. The Caps seemed on a "high" with the recent trades.

They did beat us though, even without contributions from AO or Semin.

Why the Wild didn't make any moves who know's would of been nice to see. This is Minnesota sports, none of the team's (Twins,Wild,Queens,Wolves) we never make any trades to improve their team's at the deadline to get over the hump. I feel sorry for the fans because they stick with this team through the whole season and in the end they get nothing. Instead they get Chris Simon, another non scoring goon they needed on their team.

Nice pickup front office, really waiting to see this guy step on the ice.

Maybe they just want to win with the guys we allready got.

As stated above, "you can't buy a cup", you have to earn it.

I know, they are in a slump right now, but they will bounce back.

And if they don't, I will still be a big fan and a supporter.

GO WILD!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Skeets
You guys sure do alot of complaining about trade rumors. mad.gif

who's saying anything about "buying" it. how about simply adding a piece to the puzzle that we've been missing for years now? the team is in position to make a real decent run and they sit on their hands. look at what the recent skid has done, just the other day 1st place and looking good, all of a sudden 2nd place in the division and a mere 4 pts from being out of the playoffs.

I don't think anyone is so called "complaining" but were optimistic that wild would add a player to help the current players we have now. Lets face it, the Wild are short a good offensive center. I don't think anyone is saying they are going to quite supporting the wild. Its just a little dissapointing, and "us" fans will get over it and support the team to the end! I hope they can rally as a team and go far into the playoffs, we have to wait and see!

they should of added a player or 2 to help them out, especially like you you said and offensive center would of been nice. The way the other teams added players yesterday its going to be a fight to the finish to even make the playoff's. A nice addition would of been Federov, could of gotten him cheap for the rest of the year, just frustrating that they didn't do anything. Will be interesting how the rest of the season turns out.

Exactly. They were on a roll, feeling good, Forsberg rumors were swirling. Look at their record since they found out Forsberg wasn't coming. It is the same situation as the Twins. We don't trade our draft picks and young players. You need to take a chance and go for it once in awhile. Wouldn't you rather have a chance at a Stanley cup or World series than always just being a player or two away? The players aren't stupid. They are probably just as frustrated as some of the fans. They needed to do something and they didn't. They have many players that are going to be free agents in the next few years. This was the time to reward their fans and they did nothing. Those of you that are loyal that is great. I am just saying they had a chance to do something special and they did not. They sell out every night, are in the top in league merchandise, and they did nothing. Minnesota sports teams are brutal right now and they had a chance to really go on a run. Too bad.....

I know, they are in a slump right now, but they will bounce back.

And if they don't, I will still be a big fan and a supporter.

Any of you season ticket holders that gave up on the team, I will take your tickets for free! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

GO WILD!!!!!

Well then maybe they should WIN a few with the guys they have instead of play like they have been for the last month. If these are the guys to get us to the cup then they need to start producing. They chemistry just wasn't there. The Caps played Brashear against Gaborik and Demitra several times and they still lost the game