• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild Trade Rumors

maros91

I have also heard the wild are really trying to get jokinen!! Hopefully this happens, but I won't hold my breath!! As far as keeping Rolston and Demitra, i agree they are a must keep but I don't see it happening! Maybe they will keep 1 of the 2. I also think Branko needs to find a new home, along with skoula, terrible players that are slowing us up!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got done reading that Peter Forsberg has signed with the Colorado Avalanche. Now that he didn't sign with the Wild I hope he breaks his foot ;). I thought that he wasn't going to play this year. Oh well, Calgary picked up a defenseman a couple days ago, the Av's get Forsberg, and the Wild hasn't made a move yet. Teams in the division are making moves, lets see if the Wild do something by the deadline at 2pm tomorrow.

I just dont forsee them getting anyone that will make a huge difference. Its not the way the team has ever operated, and I dont think they should give up any of our good young talent to rent a player for half a season. If they can get a good player that will sign a 3 year contract, then it may be worth it.

Lots of deals have happened but none with the Wild so far. Brian Campbell went to the Sharks, Brad Richards went to the Stars, Huet went to the Capitals, Martin LaPopinte went to Ottawa, and Tuomuu Rutuu went to Carolina. Avalanche added D-man Ruslan Salei and are in talks with Columbus about Adam Foote. Wild need to do something. 2 hours left.

This is the year to do something because Rolston and Demo will be gone. Apparently Risebrough doesn't see it that way as everyone else is improving while he sits on his hands. Nothing new there. I know he signed Schultz and Burns and that was a good move, but we obviously need to add some physical presence and someone who can win a face-off. I don't think it will happen...

Dallas gets stronger, Sharks get stronger. This is ridiculous!!!!!!!! I am so tired of "we don't do it that way,"we grow from our farm system" MAKE a #$%^ trade. Your fans have supported you from day 1. Take a chance, mortgage your future and try to make a run!!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: 9joey1
"we don't do it that way,"we grow from our farm system"

The ironic part is from what they are saying we have ZERO desirable prospects in Houston. Our farm system is all on the team and look at where we are. IMO it's this year or not for another 3 years.

Trade deadline is here and gone and looks like the Wild are standing pat. Hope they can turn it around, the next few games will say a lot about the rest of this year. I think the Wild will make the playoffs but without home ice in the first round it looks like another one and done. Next season may be a long season.

Originally Posted By: Biff Tannen
Wild acquire winger Chris Simon from the Islanders for a 6th round pick. Wild ad another goon. You have got to be kidding me. mad.gif

My thought exactly, maybe we can skate him, Boogaard and Fedoruk together and put Hanson on the back of all their jerseys.

I would rather the Wild give up that 6th round pick for Troy Williamson.

Avs get Forsberg, Foote, and Salei. Flames get Vandermeer. Canucks trade Matt Cooke for a guy that has 7 points this year and the Wild add Chris Simon. Looks like one team wants to win the division. Like previously stated the Wild needed scoring and a face off guy and end up with another goon. Maybe in the offseason we can add George Laraque and skate with boxing gloves on and don't even carry a stick.

The Wild seem just like the Twins. We build from within....looking toward the future....blah, blah, blah. Hopefully someday we will get some people to go after a big name or two....you never know we might win a Stanley Cup....but as long as the fans keep coming, there is no need.