• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new shotgun questions

fishbuster

I was looking for some advice on purchasing a new shotgun. Right now i have a 20ga 870 that i love and has performed flawlessly. However, it is i right handed gun and i shoot lefty. It has not been to big of a problem however, when i get a 12ga i want a left handed gun that fits me.

I was wondering what some of my options. where for a pump action gun. I have looked at the bps from browning which is totally ambidextrious, however i had a friend that had one that jammed a lot. I have looked into left handed 870s but i dont know if i can get a deer barrel for one.

Anybody got any suggestions or expierience with the issue.

Thanks for any help.

The 870 has numerous barrels that can be interchanged, from skeet to fully rifled slug barrels. I love mine (it was a hand-me-down from my dad) and have never had any issues with it. I'm looking at getting the 23" Turkey Super Mag barrel for the upcoming spring.

I have a 20 gauge BPS and a 12 Gauge BPS. The only time I had problems with the 12 gauge jamming was due to me not getting the for-end all the way forard before the next shot.

My 20 and 12 have been flawless. Looking to potentially sell the 20 since my eye does not line up on the barrel.

I am also of the more "superior eye" :-) Left hand shooters as well...

Mine is a 28 inch barrel

Steve

I would have to say the smae thing. If you like an 870, stick with that. I shoot a BPS and love it. Both my brothers also shot one and we are all very happy. My younger brother had a little trouble with his gun when it was new, but after he got a few boxes of shells through it has had no trouble.