• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Teryx are showing up

Roofer

There are pictures of people receiving the Kawasaki Teryx RUV finally, after a long wait. Bristows shows them on their site, but not sure if they have them yet.

The pictures look great! Do a google search for Teryx forums. If there is one machine on the market I would actually give up my brute for, it would be this.

I just hope the state makes more trails for them.

An ATV mag had a review on them that I skimmed through and they sound like a great unit. They look similiar to a Rhino, which is a good thing because the Rhino's are a great rig. Kawi upped the anti with their awesome 750 twin cylinder, but no fuel injection like the new Rhino 700.Here's a link to check them out.

( Not from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-You.)

Roofer, how do these compare to a Polaris Razar????? Heard some good thing for once on the Razor,,, but I always wanted a RHINO.....

By the time I decide to buy, here will be something else I'm sure,but always like a little history behind something b4 the purchase..

I've just seen pictures like everyone else. Just passing the info they are becoming available finally.

The Rzr is cool, but not practical IMO. The box is so small, and the one I did see at a dealership had already been rolled in a test drive. I have read that the Teryx box is a tad smaller than the Rhino, but you can look at the pix yourself and see how nice it is.

The Teryx has more power (that is a given), and will have more aftermarket parts, being it is very similar to the Rhino.

No EFI for now, but I'm sure it won't be long before it has it. I like the carbs better because the cdi's are better and cheaper.

One thing the kawi's have over all the machines is the rear oil-bathed brake. Not a huge deal, but it is a very good system.

It will be interesting to see one in person. I'm sure someone will have one by spring.........:)

That rear oil-bathed brake system is what I have on my Kingquad, and was one of it's selling points. The new 08 Brute Force now has F.I. as well as better handling, something I would prefer as to the previous Brute Forces. On the subject of the Razor, I think they are made alot more for fun and speed, not much for work.

If your looking for more fun and a little work RZR!! (The thing rolls 55 m.p.h.! and runs with a Sportsman off the line with 2 passengers on board!) You may also like the full buckets with head rest vs. the lawnmower seats on the Teryx. If your looking for more work and still a ton of fun and unlimited practicality, one word RANGER!!!! Just my 2 cents.

You could be right, if you are small enough to fit in the Rzr, which I am, but not everyone is.

I'd be willing to put money on the Teryx being more powerful and faster than the Rzr.

I would be more comfortable with a 58" wide track rather than a 50" track the Rzr has. My atv is 48" and can be tippy! IRS machines need to be a little wider for safety.

Rode in a Ranger once and it was just as shaky as the sportsman motors. Wasn't impressed, but it was only a 500.

We will all see what happens. I'm pretty sure the Rhino is by far the top seller right now. The Teryx is a Rhino with some real power that an RUV needs.

AS someone who is looking to buy a RUV/UTV I've been waiting to see the Teryx. I'm pretty sure they had one at the show this fall but it obviously wasn't that memorable. I do remember sitting in the Rzr.

Either way I"m looking for something that is geared a little more toward some work and the Rzr is definitely not it. The teryx is most comparable with the Rhino, but again they are far too "sport-oriented".

I like the Prowler from AC. I'm not brand loyal cause I've never owned an ATV or sled or anything. I like that it has the most ground clearance, the new 700 is EFI and it can still use its bed. Not to mention it will do 50mph and haul deer or plow up a food plot. The AC is wider, but when you're that big does it really matter how wide it is? Mose people with Rhino's add long arm kits and wheels and end up with the same track width as the AC anyway.

If the Rhino was a little more work-able I would hop on it. I like the aftermarket following. The Teryx looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it will make a huge dent in the Rhino following.

The Rhino will fit into a full size truck bed between the wheel wells. This is an advantage for those who don't have a trailer, but have a fullsize truck. How often do people need to go 50 MPH in their UTV? The Rhino does everything well, and that is why it is a top seller.

I think its a top seller cause it was the first sporty sxs. Now there is competition so we'll see where it goes.

I do agree on the single cylinder argument. I'm not sure why they don't have a twin yet. I would really like to see the Thundercat V-twin 1000 end up in the Prowler.

A rhino in the back of a truck. Thathas to be every inch of an 8ft bed.....hope you don't have a winch and brush guard.

A rhino or Mule will fit in an 8 ft. bed, but fit better it seems in a dually box.

With the weight of one of these things, one may have to consider the weight rating of a trailer also.

Yes, the Rhino does everything well. All it lacked was a little power, even though they are still impressive. I notice ALOT of Rhino commercials right now. They are really trying to market before the Teryx gets out.

I believed it until he posted $7500 to build it.

It's just a matter of time for Canam, but I'm sure I could buy a new truck cheaper. I think $10K is about the limit for these things. An outty is almost that alone.

Originally Posted By: Roofer

I'd be willing to put money on the Teryx being more powerful and faster than the Rzr.

I guess I have to eat my words here (ain't the first time)haha. There is a post on Highlifter showing a video of a rzr and a Teryx. They race about 3-400 feet and the rzr has 2 lengths on the Teryx stock for stock. It's pretty funny though, the topic is getting rather heated..........

wonder how bad the 700rhino would get beat by the teryx?

you can have that rzr thing, it isnt even in the same class as the rhino/teryx/prowler..........

that ranger is a golfcart with suspension, does not compare with the sport ruv's

rzr-different class

ranger- different class

prowler/rhino/teryx- same class

I agree.

I just think that the side by side market is going to be big. It seems more like a family type thing and seems to do less destruction which most people want to see. AT a 10K price tag it should keep alot of the "bad apples" out of the equation.

the RAZR looks like a blast, but if this was the market I was in, I would prefer to get the Redline Revolt. 750cc and up to 130 hp with a turbo charger. But at $15K for the base model (from what I hear), it will limit who actually can afford to purchase one. I think they're only available in the Southwest US at the moment, but they're built in Perham MN.

Don't think Redline will face the same fate as the earlier company that attepmted to build a snowmobile. The only thing they have in common is the name.

Watch for Arctic-Cat to drop the 950cc V-Twin into a UTV and pressure the state for some legislative change to change the classification of these machines. AC and Polaris have been instrumental in getting laws changed in the past due to the changing demand of their products. It will happen again.

Just imagine AC putting the 950 into a smaller SXS to compete with the RAZR and trump Redline and make it capable of putting out 150hp. Now that would be a machine I would buy.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM

Just imagine AC putting the 950 into a smaller SXS to compete with the RAZR and trump Redline and make it capable of putting out 150hp. Now that would be a machine I would buy.

It will happen, I'm sure.

The only problem is that the Tcat price is already at 10,500. Imagine what a Prowler 950 would be. \:o

I would guess $12,500. Who's to say it wouldn't be that high? Look at the Outlanders and what they did to the price of ATV's. Not to mention what you get for performance from Honda's and look what the going rate is on those "cough cough"!! There's bigger more powerful machines than my Rincon, but it costs just as much as the larger competition if not more.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM

Watch for Arctic-Cat to drop the 950cc V-Twin into a UTV and pressure the state for some legislative change to change the classification of these machines. AC and Polaris have been instrumental in getting laws changed in the past due to the changing demand of their products. I will happen again.

Oh ya, it's happening already. Most of the trails at redtop are class 2 now. same with most of the Nemadji trails. That Rhino we saw would be legal now at Redtop.

Amazing how it works. I wish they could make more legal trails that quickly.

We should be supporting the companies in MN...Polaris and AC.

I just can't get myself to buy a cat........ crazy.gif

from the way it sounds, they're holding up well in the WPSA races with few repairs. I guess I would be tempted to try a Cat sometime consindering the wife has a cousin that raced with Darryl Rath this past year.

What does concern me is there's been rumor that AC has been having trouble lately with the poor winters. I would hate to see them have to go through bankruptcy again. I was always a cat fan when it came to snowmobiles.

There is a great review online if anyone is interested. Kawi had a demo day out in the dunes somewhere(doesn't matter I guess).

Great pictures, video, and review.

[Admin Note: Please read Forum Policy before posting again]

Sorry, if I'm not supposed to post links, but this is an individual's review and I thought it was very good.