• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

photo sharing: favorite pictures of mn nature : Misc

Here's a sampling of other nature photos, most taken in the Detroit Lakes, Park Rapids area. The hardest to get was the heron flying through the fog one morning. I took many shots and the one posted turned out the best (shutter speed was way too slow). Anyway....Enjoy!!

foggymorningflight-1-1.jpg

curiousfox-2.jpg

curious-1.jpg

aftertherain.jpg

firsttaste.jpg

Very nice shots.

It's been quite a few years since I've seen an oriole, too. However, the lady's backyard where I got my cardinal photos, tells me that every spring she gets baltimore orioles. She's had up to 8 in her backyard at one time. I think I like my new friend. \:\) She also gets cedar waxwings. And, she gets free photos from me. ;\)

All very nice shots. I like the fox also and Orioles are one of my favorite birds, not so much for the bird but for the song. Nothing better to wake up to than an oriole singing.

Thanks for sharing

Mike

Thanks to eveyone for your feedback. The fox was alot of fun to photograph. He was as curious about me as I was of him. I have a few shots of him some ways back before as he was checking me out. In most of them, he was partially obscured by grasses and bushes he was peering around and are not as appealing to me as this one.

We feed the orioles all summer. They love grape jelly and while it has been hard to get a natural shot of them in the trees, they seem to pose sometimes at our jelly feeders. It was really a treat when the adults brought the young ones to eat jelly. First, the little ones sat in the trees a little ways away where the adults brought beaks full of jelly to them. Then the little ones came to the jelly feeders. I'll ty to post a couple pics if I can find them. Needless to say, they were quite messy eaters and when I would get up in the morning, there would be little jelly tracks across the picnic table, and sometimes on the hood of my car. Anyway, that is my experience in trying to capture some of the photos.

Thanks again for your thoughtful responses.