• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Traditional?

Duncan7709

I have a nice Red Wing Hunter recurve in the garage I play with. I would like to try and hunt with it someday, but it requires lots of time and I haven't gotten it dialed in yet as far as brace height and such. I traded for it and got a dozen wooden arrows too. I already did a robin hood and ruined one of the arrows. No more 10yd shots for me.

I see you are also from Rochester. I suspect you've been to Lamont's. When Rick first put the hunting forums on the site I also posted some traditional topics but didn't get much response. I've been shooting traditional on and off for about 20 years. Been collecting a bit too recently. A co-worker found an old painted up recurve in a garbage can last summer so I gave him 20 bucks for it, I removed the paint and I'm looking at a 1960 Bear Polar. Not the greatest shape so I cleaned it up, put on a coat of poly and hunted a bit with it this fall. I'll second mncarphntr on the Chekmate hunter II. I'll be out in the morning with mine trying to fill my so far unused tags!