• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Couple Questions

Woolybugger

Hey Guys,

I just bought a new 2007 Grizzly and took it for my first decent ride last night. It became apparent that hand warmers are NOT an option. Any recommendations on brands or where to look? I am willing to install as long as I don't have to take the entire thing apart to run wires.

Thanks, Wooly

Symtec makes Moose warmers, and they are good units with great customer service. I recently had one of my warmers quit, contacted them, and they sent me out another one right away. They are a fairly simple install as long as you can find a power source and a good ground. Did you get the Grizzly 700 with power steering? If so, how do ya like it so far?

Yeah I did get the 700 with power steering - Ducks Unlimited edition. I really like it so far. I will need to really test it out a bit more to give it the official stamp of approval. I'm looking forward to getting it out on the ice in the next few weeks.

I also realized that I never put my other question out there. Any advice on chains?

Thanks for the help!

Chains? I'm assuming you have stock tires? If you do you can purchase the V-bar chains. I don't think they are recommended for high speeds though. With aftermarket tires you can make it through alot more snow, mud, ect... as they give you better traction,more clearance, and more puncture resistance.You will sacrafice your ride quality and some power loss in doing so, but the trade off is well worth it.

I have a 02 grizz, and them dang stock tires are nothing in snow, and it doesen't take much snow. I would get some after market tires. I got the ITP 589's, and these go through the snow great. but they have a hefty price tag. but the tires are good year round.

I was woundering how the power steering works when your tire hits a high spot on the side of the tire?

without power steering, if you hit a high spot, it jerks the handle bars the other direction, which gets annoying.

knoppers,

the power steering is the cure for that problem. The handle bars are no longer jerked out of your hands when hitting high spots, tree stumps, ruts, or any other trail obstacles.

What really makes me curious is with the popularity of the track kits, how durable will either the Honda or Yamaha power steering be when attempting to steer the heavier tracks?

To answer the OP's question on chains, definitely go with the V-Bar chains. Some don't recommend chains on the front, but I have seen 4x4 machines wiht them on the front and they were virtually unstoppable.

I'm happy with the grips that I got from cabelas. The grips have a rubber coating on them which makes them great for all year use. I don't remember the brand though.

I think most are all plastic which is fine for the winter.

Also you may want to check with your dealer, on my bomb there is a wire for hand and thumb warmers that makes them turn off with the key. They were in the instructions for the BRP thumb warmer.

I have a 2006 Grizz with chains on the factory rear tires (just put on yesterday). First day out this winter with the hot rod and it took the snow well. Chains just aren't for ice....they do wonders in snow. I was digging and moving just fine in the snow we have with the factory tires and chains. My ATV trailer is parked behind the garage and I backed right in there and hooked it up which surprised me a little how it handled the snow that was back there. After market tires would be great, but so far I'm doing just fine with the ones I've got.