• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forest Lake Contest

say_der

If any of you are planning on fishing in the Forest Lake contest you might want to check out the new rules.

Forest Lake has a mystery hole on it and rather than cancel the contest 2 years a row it will be held on 'area' lakes. The weigh-in will be at a mall in Forest Lake.

Contestants now have to drill their own holes.

It's going to be a real pain to pack up my stuff and drive to the check in if I some how end up catching a fish. I don't think I'd feel comfortable leaving my stuff on the ice.

Isn't parking a pain around there? How the heck are we supposed to drive to get our fish weighed and keep the fish alive without some knucklehead causing an accident?

Say Der,
This is Ya Hey Der. I wonder if we are related. You bring up a lot of good questions. The same questions and concerns I had. I plan on fishing the event but I have a feeling it is just going to be a mess.

Does anyone know how they are going to enforce the new rules?

GOOD QUESTION!!

Sounds like a major case of poor planning.

I can see it now,a contestant running like a linebacker up highway 61 through gridlock traffic with a big pike under his or her arm yelling..."GET OUT OF MY WAY,I HAVE TO MAKE IT TO WEIGH-IN!"

Kidding aside, I hope they can pull it off.

Fish.

I just cant believe they are doing this. There will be zero enforcement, and the whole thing will be a free-for-all joke. Except of course for those who manage to register a fish. I cant imagine this working at all, and is very disappointing to me. And if you think you want the truck, i have news for you, the winning fish has already been caught! Its swimming in a stock tank in billy bobs garage. Good luck!

It sounds like it's going to be like the eelpout festival. They could pick a few lakes and put-up some small wiegh stations on each of these lakes, than radio in the wieghts. {I just hope the temp. warms up.}

Looks like they will allow to get fish from any lake and bring it ALIVE to the Forest Lake mall to be weighted!!!

Isn't transporting live fish illegal ??

I think DNR should step in with organizers, before somebody gets in trouble.

I think it's going to be a big joke. It was hard for them to enforce the rules in the standard contest. This sound impossible! Also with the standard contest everyone had the same chance to win. Even if everyone played by the rules, the people who fish the area lakes or already have a hot spot nearby have a big advantage. I wouldn't bother showing up if I didn't already have a ticket.