• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI non-resident bowhunting?

bmc

My dad and I are looking at bowhunting WI next fall, in the 60B unit. From looking at the WI DNR pamphlet, we can buy our non-res license over the counter and that includes a buck tag and a doe tag at $160 and addt'l doe tags are $2 a piece? It looks like we could shoot a buck first and then a doe or vice versa? I turkey hunted this area last spring and the landowners I talked to gave me the impression that they have too many deer and need to get rid of some! grin.gif

When does the pre-rut and actual rut start in this area?

Brian

Brian,

I hunt Wisconsin every year, but only with a rifle during the last few years. $160 gets you an either sex tag and an antlerless tag. You will need to make sure that 60B is not earn a buck (then you would have to shoot an antlerless first) and don't plan any trips during the T-zone (antlerless only with the rifle). Pre-rut and rut should coincide with our area pretty well. I see your Dad occasionally and I can fill him in or maybe we might have to chase some 'gills this winter. Give me a call some time.

Jason G.

Brian, Jason prtetty much nailed it. Former ranger myself from Lawrence Lake area. You want to be in the woods from the beginning of Nov to mid nov for the rut. Thats when I seem to see the most action. I hunt in 59a and 23 just east of where you will be.

gl

Unit 60B Was not Earn A Buck this year, if that does not change next year, you will get a buck tag, and an anterless tag. Bonus anterless tags are unlimited. $2 each.

This unit MAY be EAB next year. If it is, you will need to shoot an anterless deer first. When you register this deer you are given a stamp that gives you the right to harvest a buck.

Wisconsin tags are over the counter.

Hope this helps.

That's what I thought you meant, but I'm gun hunting here then.

I'm struggling with whether I should just concentrate of fishing or if I want to make one more bow trip to WI. I know the fishing will be more productive & I love it, but it's not bowhunting.