• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sportsman 500 with Prospector Pro Tracks (pics)

SomethingFishy*

Quote:

Holy
dump
, Fishy. Either you:

a) won the lottery

B)

have a VERY good paying job

-OR-

c) are eating ramen noodles

to pay for your toys.
blush.gif

Nice rig!
grin.gif

No Lottery..... Yet wink.gif

I have a decent paying job plus my girlfriend has a decent job, plus I rent out a portion of my house.

and yes, the ramen noodles and mac and cheese go down good.

I also don't have any children. I determined I could have Toys or a nicer house. I choose toys.

I am looking at trading the 500 for an 800 to give the tracks a little boost.

Quote:

How much for those tracks? I will be buying a new quad soon and am thinking either tracks or a cheap snowmobile. Though spending the extra dough on tracks could work better.

Tracks run around $3500

I put money down oon a 2008 Sportsman 800 Mossy Oak today. It should be here in about 2-weeks. grin.gif

That 800 with the tracks will weigh more than my 1/2 ton extended cab Sierra! Seriously though, how much weight do the tracks add? Can't wait to see pics with tracks on the Mossy Oak 800.

1) You will love tracks on your machine.

2) When you are in a hurry to go somplace with your machine in tow you will hate tracks on your machine. EVERYBODY stops and asks questions about it and your machine.

Been there got the T shirt. I'm running Mattracks on my 700.

P1010321.jpg

Oh BTW... YOU DO know that your tracked 500 is no longer an ATV in the eyes of the state on MN don't you? 84.92 Definitions Sub. 8. All-terrain vehicle. "All-terrain

vehicle"

or "vehicle" means a motorized flotation-tired vehicle of not

less than three low-pressure tires, but not more than six tires,

that is limited in engine displacement of less than 900 cubic

centimeters and total dry weight less than 900 pounds.

And no you cant register it as a snow machine ether. 84.81 Definitions Sub. 3 Snowmobile. "Snowmobile" means a

self-propelled vehicle designed for travel on snow or ice steered by skis or runners

So you now have this;

Sub. 7. Off-road vehicle. "Off-road vehicle" or

"vehicle" means a motor-driven recreational vehicle capable of

cross-country travel on natural terrain without benefit of a

road or trail. Off-road vehicle does not include a snowmobile;

an all-terrain vehicle

As for driving your NON-snowmobile/NON-ATV onto a lake that has a snowmobile trail on it..... Well last time I asked no one was realy sure what actully consisted of a snowmobile trail on said lake and what fines if any one might incur if you were to cross said snowmobile trail or if the whole lake could be considered part of the trail. I love the State of MN. grin.gif

So my way of dealing with this whole thing was this.

Here are my 3 low presure tires.

tracks-starboardnet.jpg

Hahaha, your attitude stinks, but I like it. smile.gif

Most of these rules were made by the enviro-freaks right? Besides that, it is the general public. In the winter, with everything frozen, I don't see how anything can be damaged. I have never seen anyone get harrassed by anyone in the winter on an atv, unless they are racing back and forth near houses.

Did you check these rules in the new book? Some rules have changed.

Quote:

Hahaha, your attitude stinks, but I like it.
smile.gif

Most of these rules were made by the enviro-freaks right? Besides that, it is the general public. In the winter, with everything frozen, I don't see how anything can be damaged. I have never seen anyone get harrassed by anyone in the winter on an atv, unless they are racing back and forth near houses.

Did you check these rules in the new book? Some rules have changed.

Here is the current state state as to what an ATV is.

Here are the snowmobile Regs

And last but not least here is what a tracked ATV legaly falls under. As for getting getting pinched by the DNR, well it just comes down to how nit picky they want to be with you. We had a local warden who retired a few years back (died 6 months after retirement) that would have writen you up in a heart beat over something like this. And another on that also is now retired that wouldn't have written you up at all unless of course you were doing something rather stupid and deserved it.

as a side not you could legaly put ski's on the front of a 66 pasenger school bus and chains on the rear duallys register it as a sled then take it down the middle of you favorite paved snowmobile trail and be ok. Because after all Subd. 13. Metal traction device. "Metal traction device" means any metal device or array of

metal devices attached to a snowmobile track to enhance traction that is:

(1) made of metal, except that metal cleats affixed perpendicular to the direction of travel

of a snowmobile track which was manufactured in 1981 or earlier shall not be considered

a metal traction device; or

(2) affixed to a snowmobile track with metal components that extend more than one-fourth

inch from the bottom of the track. Which means it pertains only to tracks, not tires.

YMMV

Firemedic----Is there really a wheeler in that picture somewhere???? Great job packing it up. I would not get any fishin done, would be too busy trying to figure out where I put everything. I would love to put tracks on my Rhino, but too much $$$$$$$$ My better half would kill me.