• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

polaris sportsmann transmission locked in reverse

icecold

My polaris is stuck in reverse I was using it this past weekend and everything working good, just put it in reverse and it wont come out, I have heard of this problem from someone else, but never heard a reason for it, has anyone else had this problem, need HELP

There it is..... Polaris bashing. From a one owner...........nevermind. smile.gifsmile.gif

What year is it? Both of these suggestions could be the problem, but are for different year machines.

Believe me, the can-am will not be bulletproof. blush.gifsmile.gif

how old is this machine. it could be a number of things, have you gone over the linkage and made sure everything was adjusting properly?

as for the can-ham enjoy your 3-wheel wonder, your going to miss the true awd of the polaris. tongue.gif

An atv forum has a post about the weak Can Am frame.

My old Polaris was a 02 700 and it was junk but it was one of the first 2,000 made and was worked more than most Ford Rangers! Luckily the five year full warranty was purchased which saved a ton of out of pocket expenses. Mileage when stolen from my yard was 1,200 miles. It was used in my business hundreds of those miles towing a lot of weight. The last time I used it prior to being stolen it ran bad again, the motor was taken apart twice. The theives had no idea what they got themselves into! It had a year of warranty left too!!!

Next day bought a 06 800 EFI camo with winch and plow and at 142 miles it's never been in the shop BUT the low beam lights don't work, the reverse lights always on and the first time it pulled the heavy fish house the factory hitch welds broke.

Check out the weight of the Can Am 800 and the weight of the Sportsman 800. Thinking the Polaris is an easy 100 lbs heavier.

Depending on the year and size?, the gear selector (shift lever goes in two rods come out) could be frozen. Don't remember for sure but I thought there was some type of lube in there, needs to be thawed out, cleaned and relubed, and check the rubber boot for tears.